Hello... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 08-12-11 Thread Starter
County: Kent

Hi... i've just purchased an Alfa to take part in a charity event driving across Europe in 2012. I wont bore you with the details as I could go on forever but you can see all the specifics and how it works on ROGUE RUN. Basically I bought a black 2001 Alfa Romeo 156 1.8 veloce to use on this event and have fallen in love with it! I've never really paid attention to Alfa's... No particular reason, I just haven't really noticed them then this one came up, I needed something cheap but a little different and decided it was perfect... then I drove it and am shocked by how lovely it is! It's got plenty of 'ooomph', and handles great... I really do think it's going to become my every day car after the event and I have a funny feeling I may even eventually upgrade to a newer model!!

The others taking part in the event think that the Alfa is hilarious... mainly because they think we wont make the ferry before breaking down. Thier opinion is that it's an unreliable piece of junk... We aim to prove them wrong!

The car itself has had a lot spent on it. in 2008 (approx 35,000 mile ago) it had a reconditioned head put on as the cambelt snapped. At the same time it had the MAF replaced and a K&N air filter installed as well as a stainless steel performance exhaust before being placed on a Dyno. The graph shows it at 155bhp but that was a few years ago! The car is a bit of a 'rude boys' car, tinted windows all round and a huge spoiler which I think is a sports pack extra or something according to the guy I purchased it from. The only issues i'm aware of at the moment are a bit of an oil leak around the head. I've replaced the rocker gasket and we'll see if that stops it. Also its got this electrical issue where the bulb warning light keeps flicking on/off and seems to flatten the battery. I've been told to replace the rev counter and have purchased one from autolusso to install over the next few days.

So, thats it. I may need some help and advice if I have any issues with the car before we leave. I've been in touch with Autolusso and intend to visit them soon. I might even beg for donations at some point! Hopefully i'll cover about 4+k miles in 2012 and raise loads of money for charity and then just maybe i'll be driving it to work every day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alfa.jpg (70.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg FINAL LOGO.jpg (51.1 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Languedoc Roussillon
Hello and welcome to AO........nice intro and it sounds like you are already addicted......
Car looks tidy and your mates are jealous ........my money is on you to be the one with a smile on your face for the whole 4+k miles..........

Just had a quick look at your website and added it to my favourites........will read more later.......and best of luck to all of you.......

Last edited by Stu GTV; 08-12-11 at 20:20.
AO Platinum Member
County: -

Member car:

Welcome Along !
AO Silver Member
County: New South Wales
Welcome to AO

Saluti, Giordano.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself