Originally Posted by lizardchops
Nothing wrong with the Stilo as a general family car, but the suspension on the 5 door was diabolical. I felt like Mr Marshmallow man! Forget speed bumps...at least the Alfa is wide enough to help avoid them!
Other than that.....well, what would you rather be driving...and seeing as we are in an Alfa forum I guess you don't have to answer that!
Admittedly I *almost* bought a 2002 reg'd Stilo JTD myself before buying my 156TS. I had the cheque with me to pay the dealer & decided to go for on elast test dtive:
1. Engine was quite lively.
2. Ceap to run, would be good on juice.
1. The funky s/r leaked.
2. front suspension was like rubber, Mr Blobbly is more firm than the front shocks of a Stilo. Maybe its the same suspension bits as the petrol without nay upgrading to take care of the extra engine weight of
the diesel engine.
3. the dash was as rough as a teenagers face with a bad dose of acne
4. the door handles looke dlike they were made of the most fragile platstic which would easily break
5. the interior trim was hideous & was very raggy, the car only had 37k miles on it.
I walked away, thankfully
Now I almoooooost bought am 2003 reg'd 156 1.9 JTD 16v, Multijet......... i'm almooooost sorry I didn't ..... but it was a pinky/red colour !!!!