Hello, I own a great 156gta but bose is poor - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 26-12-04 Thread Starter

Member car:

ALFA156GTA

Hello, I own a great 156gta but bose is poor

Hi everybody,

I'm a proud owner of a two year old 156 GTA in hot alfa red - picture not available yet. It's very pretty to look at and exciting to drive. Previously owned 156 2.0 ts.

I long for long, dry days and uncluttered (uk) roads so that I can really enjoy driving it.

Just love that roar and rumble of the 3.2 v6 engine.

It has been refitted, in my opinion with the smarter spoked alloyed wheels, as on the new gt.

One annoying problem is with the BOSE sound system. Car is due back to my alfa dealer soon for the second attempt to resolve a volume problem. Essentially the volume is about 10-15 notches below another gta which I tried a cd in. In fact sometimes there is hardly any sound coming from the front speakers cover up one of the rear speakers and even at 55 volume was very low. The dealer has swapped initially the amplifier and then recently the head unit from the gta that was performing better but no difference when installed in my car. As I'm used to much higher output from car systems I mostly leave the system off. Shame. It would seem from reading some threads on this site that this may not be an uncommon problem. Any help would be most appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

Re: Hello, I own a great 156gta but bose is poor

Welcome to AlfaOwner and with what a car

It sounds like you have a real problem with your Bose Sounds System, but if you were used to high quality (after market) systems before I suppose the Bose will never live up to your standards. I liked the standard Bose in my 147, but the value for money is not good on this system.

If you find a good stereo important ( I rather listen to the growling V6 ), just ask our member Jomor for advice.

Hans
AO Silver Member

County: Setúbal

Welcome to Alfa Owner!!!

Don't forget we want to see pics of your Bella

Enjoy your stay.

All the best

Sérgo
AO Platinum Member

County: Porto

Member car:

Alfa 159 QV

Hello there, welcome to the Alfaowner land. I bet you'll enjoy your time here.

Now, where's Yannis when we need him...

P.S. In case no one has mentioned it don't forget to post some photos.
AO Rosso Alfa Member

Member car:

156 2.0 JTS

Welcome to AO - the place to be

Regarding you BOSE problem - many have had problems with this in the past. As has been said, it's not the best value for money if you look at it from an extra point of view. But saying that, from a guy like me who bought the car second hand, it beats most standard setups. However saying that, I think you actually do have a problem with your setup. You mention the front speakers - has the dealership tested the speakers? Played with the controls on your headunit? Looked at whether the the door seal joint/hole for the cables being carried to the speakers are okay? Is the Sub to the BOSE sytem recieving any input - ie is the sound too tingy without bass? -- okay some silly pointers there maybe - but the more info you provide the better luck our men (inc. Jomor ) will be able to help.

-- Fingers crossed for the dealer to sort it - if not then by this place

"I believe in coincidences. Coincidences happen every day. But I don't
trust coincidences." - Garak, DS9
So true
The BORED Collective ©™
WE are SpartaBORED! I was DarthBORED! I am FearBORED! :elaugh: I was PredatorBORED! I was PhantomBORED!...of the AO-Theatre I have been iBORED! TerminatorBORED! He'll be back!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

Tags
156gta , bose , great , poor