Hello fellow Alfa lovers ;~) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 12-10-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Rhondda Cynon Taff
Hello fellow Alfa lovers ;~)

New to the forum, i guess i can now kinda get away with saying, not exactly new to Alfas

Rare do i get chance to talk about cars i love and be able to expect a really positive response. Too many people just dont.. understand ! Especially when it comes to Alfas

With a wee element of pride i can say iv owned 3 Alfas so far and counting. Been maybe 2 years since i had one and id almost forgotten just how great they are ! Iv never really had anything special yet - but one day il for sure find one

Anyway back to the cars:

Had a 2001 Alfa 156 TS 1.8 Veloce. Black with Tan leather (of course!) and to this day just because id say it was my first "real" car - i will never forget just how much i loved it !! Even named her Naomi (i moan backwards!) because of that now distinctive Alfa rumble you get from behind the wheel. And how it was pure luck that brought us together ! But alas, thats for another time and sorry to anyone who hates people describing cars like women - but i cant help it, Alfas are beautiful enough to get away with it !

Secondly i dipped more than my toe, had my 156 for about 7 months and had a few issues that plagued me and sadly decided to buy German instead. But a few years later when i come back - i bought a wonderful 164 3.0 Super Sadly i did make some sacrifices, it was an auto but hey i loved it none the less. But if you put chrome pipes under the bonnet on your V6's as STANDARD then that warrants me to tip my hat to you, Alfa Romeo; and purchase your vehicles! hahaha sorry, its late and i get caught up. I will never forget driving that car home, about 100mile drive, with some detours and long way rounds to thoroughly test the car after blowing all my cash on it and only having like 20 pounds to fund fuel home, it was destined to break down, running out of fuel ESPECIALLY when you got an engine like that powering your front wheels !! The torque steer bordered on hilarity but it oozed charm, charecter even ! Really was a barrel of laughs that car, good times! But after 5 great months with her - i couldnt afford to keep it, especially with insurance at my age (currently mid 20s).

But now, a couple Mercs later - im back in an Alfa ! And as always, you almost forget how much fun they are !! I bought another 156 but in the facelift model, which i have to confess i do love the more aggressive look. Shes not perfect but its Black and Tan (of course!!) and gone for the 2.0 litre this time (coming down from a 2.8 it seems to run on next to nothing :P) Sadly it is a Lusso but the price was too good to miss and it had my favourite combo. Shes due some work, might rebuild front suspension and replace springs with Veloce spec for them extra 2cms lower! Shes actually in the garage this morning haha but hey when shes done - shes gonna be wonderful !! Has different alloys to usual, definately replaced with some 5 spoke Alfas but quite fat spokes that flair out at both ends of the wheels rim. All it will need then is an Evo spoiler and shes complete ! Soo anyone who might be selling the large rear wing, in black - do drop me a price please

Sorry i did try to keep it as brief as i could, didnt want a massive post for my first thread in the newbies area (talking Alfas i probably could have rambled on for eternity) but it is like 4:50am and the sleep dilirium just helps reminice about the cars and remember why i absolutely adour Alfa Romeos

Thanks for reading and do feel free to pitch in !
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Herefordshire

Member car:

Spider S4

Welcome to AO

Great introduction
AO Silver Member
County: New South Wales
Welcome to AO

Saluti, Giordano.
AO Platinum Member
County: Languedoc Roussillon
Hello and welcome to AO.....you definately sound addicted.......welcome back to ownership as well.....
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 12-10-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Rhondda Cynon Taff
Thankyou all ! Its nice to be in a friendly forum - Merc Forums were... well - dull at best ! But its like Alfa owners almost reflect the cars - fun, friendly and encouraging.

I think im going to enjoy my time here

Thanks again !

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

156 , 164 , alfa , fellow , lovers , lusso , veloce