Howzit George and welcome to AO
Another 4C nut here...
Okay with regards to the changes to be made to the final production version, there was an interview with the head designer and he commented on some of the changes:
1. Headlights will look different, the blue sliver around the beam wont be there (but looking at the teaser image released on the 4C facebook page it looks like its still there)
2. The "petal" style rear lights will change too... Though I think it would be a mistake to change that. It looks awesome. The rear lights will remain round tho.
3. The seats are currently part of the body so it cant be moved backwards or forwards. This will change so one can atleast move the seats a bit
4. The door handle which is currently part of the air intake will move as this interveres with the actual air intake
5. The "pilot" style dash will definitely change. It is said to take up way to much space.
From the top of my head those are the changes that the head designer of the 4C mentioned in an interview.
Price will be aimed at just the Cayman and not even the Cayman S.
Hope you guys in the States gets this as the first Alfa back in the US (apart from a few 8C's thats driving around there).
As for the engine, it might only be a 1.750l turbo engine but it kicks out 235bp and pulls like a train. And in such a light car it will be spectacular.
Check these links out:
Alfa 4C - Alfa Romeo Forum