I need help falling in love - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 05-01-11 Thread Starter
County: Cambridgeshire

Member car:

Brera 2.4 jtdm

Help I need help falling in love

After 10 years and 128,000 very happy miles in a Fiat coupe 20V turbo I thought I'd join the Alfa party.

So I brought a low milage 59 plate Brera 2.4 jtdm back in November, just before the snow came. So far so good but not making my heart race yet...maybe some dry roads and proper tunes (haven't had time to convert my MP4 files to MP3's yet) will help. And maybe smaller alloys (17 inch rather than 18 inch) would help too???
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Essex
Hello and Welcome :wave:

Won't be long now the better weather will be hear and you will be able to go out and enjoy the Brera
AO Platinum Member
County: Languedoc Roussillon
Hello and welcome to AO........
AO Member
County: Hampshire
you won't need help falling in love... it will just happen... you'll be sat at work one day, day dreaming about driving your car and not even realise it

you'll even look forward (I know it's crazy!) to going to work, JUST so you can drive the Alfa there and back again (and maybe on a 10 mile detour on the way home!)

I'm having a little tiff with mine at the moment, getting a few minor issues one after the other, but I just think of her as being a supermodel with constant demands that I'm happy to deal with for the beautiful looks and ride she gives me
AO Gold Member
County: Surrey

Member car:

6C 2500

Welcome to the world of Alfa
AO Silver Member
County: Aberdeenshire
Welcome to AO - didn't you fall in love a teeny bit with the shape? full blown love will happen soon - as Nigel says some better weather will be here soon and once you start throwing it round the bends you will start grinning from ear to ear and won't be able to stop
(Post Link) post #7 of 8 Old 07-01-11 Thread Starter
County: Cambridgeshire

Member car:

Brera 2.4 jtdm

Had a good run in her yesterday, so it is starting....and I do LOVE LOVE LOVE the shape (which is one massive reason for buying it along with the Italian spirit and individuality of them) especially from the front and rear (though the front bumber of the 159 is even better in my eyes), love the interior, just missing the the outright accelaration and lightness of my old coupe. Am contemplating an engine remap to get a few more horses and smaller alloys with bigger tyres for a better ride and less tramlining. Any comments or links to relivant threads welcome.

I've been looking at all the stuff about the blu and me in the forums and even with the iPod adaptor and the latest sofwear in the car (so I'm told by the alfa dealer) the media player still only plays a fraction of my music library. Again anyone know which thread I should go to for the definitive answer? I tried using a 15GB USB stick with just MP3's on it but that keeps on freezing or not being available so I've resorted to using a pathetically small 1GB USB stick for the time being.

I think it's the niggles that are stopping me falling head over heals in love. A year old car brought from a main dealer and the pasenger window is faulty, the passenger electric seat back motor has gone and now the outside temperature gauge has gone awol. It went from + 16 c down to -25 c in a second the other day...These faults are to be fixed under warranty but it's the time and hassle factor I wasn't expecting so early on in the relationship. But yesterday's blast did help and Dreamz referance to a demanding supermodel makes her easier to live with, thanks everyone!
Temp Un-Registered

Member car:

147 JTDm Ti

Good Morning......and Welcome to the A.O. Forum, I'm sure you will enjoy it here........

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

alloys , falling , love