Hello everyone! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 22-07-10 Thread Starter
County: Harjumaa (Tallinn)

Member car:

Hello everyone!

Quite new to Alfa Romeo as a owner,but I've driven them before and I just love the feeling.
I bought my 2.5 V6 '98 156 - 7 months ago,and regarded to say,I haven't driven it yet.
The problem was,that I bought the car from a friend who didn't care much of hes cars technical condition.The car was in a terrible condition,most of the body was corroded.
The engine was quite quick,although it had 198 000 km on it,so about 116 000 miles.
But the rest of the car,for example bushes,brakes,transmission,interior were in terrible condition.
So I started from zero and after 4 months of work,the bodywork was all done and so was everything else.
After the bodywork was done,the car was going to be repainted,but got mugged by some i****s just 2 days before.The whole electrical system was stolen,so was the stereosystem and the standard ECU.(The car was in a backyard in a car-service surrounded by fences).
So I was back to zero basically.I was quite close to selling whatever was left,but decided not to on the last minute and started from zero again.
But now,after 7 months,most of the bodywork is done,and the new engine from a '01 166 3.0 V6 is arriving tomorrow and has only done 30 000 miles and in a good techincal condition (checked).I've also ordered a set of KW coilovers V1 ,since I'm not going on the track so much,I don't see the need of V2.Since the standard ECU was stolen,I decided to replace it with a stand-alone MS2 ECU.Will keep you guys posted.

Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Essex
Hello and Welcome :wave:

Lets hope you can finish the project now

Good luck
AO Silver Member
County: Gloucestershire
Hi & welcome to AO Andrez, there are some nasty people out there but glad to see you persevered with getting your bella back to life and hope you enjoy her for a long time to come :thumbsup:
AO Platinum Member
County: Languedoc Roussillon
Hello and welcome to AO......hope it's not too long till your enjoying driving, sounds like you have done a lot of work......
AO Member
County: Kildare

Member car:

Welcome along.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself