A demonstration of my boredom... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

Crazed A demonstration of my boredom...

Your Forum name

Real name
Andrew Gibson

Oxfordshire, UK

Marital Status

Which cars do you drive and why?
Obviously the legal age in the UK to start driving is 17, so taking into account I'm fifteen (almost sixteen), you can probably figure out that I don't drive a car! However, I do drive a pushbike - from a manufacturer called GT, so at least it shares it's name with an Alfa Romeo!

Are you a real passionate for Alfa Romeo?
Very much so! Annoyingly, I obviously can't recall past models I've owned (although I'm very hopeful that a 147 may be my first car next year!), but I absolutely love Alfa Romeo. For me, they do not really compare on a rational scale with any other car make. There's just something awesomely special about an Alfa Romeo - whether it's the heritage, the beautiful designs, the lovely hand made interiors, I don't know. All I know is that when I see one, I always give it a second glance. And then a couple more for good measure.

What or how started your passion for Alfa Romeo and…
Funnily enough it began with, of all things, a Lexus RX300 SUV! This is years ago (I must have been about 6). While I had been at school, my Dad had taken delivery of his shiny new £30,000 Lexus. Obviously, it isn't the most exciting car in the world, but he was thrilled with it - it was the best car he'd ever owned. After I finished my last lesson, I stepped outside to be picked up, and my Dad arrived in his lovely (if boring) Lexus. Back then, I didn't care vaguely about cars, and much to his annoyance, didn't have a clue what it was!

It's quite funny, almost ironic, that my huge love of cars - especially Alfa Romeos - stems from this rather dull experience with a rather dull car. But somehow, I was a little annoyed with myself to not have a clue what this 'amazing' car was. I started then to develop interest in cars of any sort, and then shortly afterwards the unique beauty, style, and passion of Alfa Romeos drew me to them.

What do you like most about Alfas?
That indefinable 'Alfaness.' I just love the passion and beauty you get from Alfas - I don't see such qualities in any cars less than £90,000. They're just special somehow, and always attract my attention like few other cars. That feeling they discussed on Top Gear - of the fizzing sensation behind your gentleman's area - I get that from Alfa Romeos. Admittedly, I also get it from my Aunty's Lexus' interior though.

What do you like least about Alfas?
I do wish that they still truly upheld the sporting aspirations of their heritage. Rear wheel drive, please!

What would be your dream cars?
I have a passion for British motors, so an Aston Martin or perhaps a nice cushy Jaguar would do me nicely. I aspire largely to own a 'nice,' high end Alfa Romeo - a Spider V6 would do me nicely! I'm not much of a Ferrari person, although I love the engineering. I'd prefer an Aston Martin, or Alfa 8c myself

What car would you least like to drive?
Prewodua Kelisa, a car so dull I can't even be bothered to spell it!

For you, what’s the most popular thread on AO?
In general, I stick to the technical lounges. I'm just interested in people's experiences and thoughts on their Alfas.

What would be your ideal drive in an Alfa (destination, passenger, driving music, etc)?
I'd love to someday drive through the Col De Turini, with either Cheryl Cole, Jessica Alba, Jeremy Clarkson, James May, or Stephen Fry in the passenger seat, some lovely Johnny Cash banging through my stereo, on a nice sunny day :P

What interests do you have outside of Alfas?
I'm into scuba diving (although I don't get to do it much), photography, cycling, occasionally go karting (an injury means I may not get to do this anymore, a shame as I thrashed anyone I went up against!), and although this sounds corny, my beloved family.

Tell us something nobody knows about you. (E.g. special skill, ever been on TV, etc)
I auditioned on Britain's Got Talent last year - and failed, epically!

Do you have a party trick? If so what is it?
I'm double jointed in all my fingers

Also, at sleepovers, I sleep with my eyes open - I often get woken up by friends believing me to have popped my cork in my sleep!

What do you like most about the Alfaowner forum? Any favourite threads, episodes or people?
I'm amazed at the friendliness of the people here. I would have expected a little prejudice against my age - but the people here are amazing, and clearly love their cars!

If you had £50,000 you had to spend in 72 hours, how would you choose to spend it?
I'd buy 50,000 lottery tickets and hope for the best!
Sponsored Links
Regional Representative
For East Midlands - AOEM
County: Derbyshire

Member car:

Thanks for sharing, Andrew Hope you get an Alfa of some description as soon as the law will allow
Global Mod Team
County: British Columbia
Great interview Andrew
AO Member
County: Bayern

Member car:

159 1750 TBi

Very good interview.
To me you sound much more mature than 15 ..... and I mean that as a good thing!
AO Platinum Member
County: Limburg
Bored or not: thanks for taking the time mate!
AO Member
County: -
Reminds me of KIA POP --> CORN

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

boredom , demonstration