Long Time Alfa Owner New to AO - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 03-05-10 Thread Starter
County: Kent
Long Time Alfa Owner New to AO

Hi. I have been driving my Alfa Spider since 1999 when I bought it new in Germany on the last day of my tour. I had a GTV before that with much fun on the the German Autobahns.

The Spider is now 11 years old and has covered 40k miles and is used by my wife for commuting to her work.

We now have a 2nd child en route and the Spider looks like it will become a bit in practical even as a 2nd car. its hard enough getting 3 of us in it :-) let alone 4 !!!!!!

I really don't want to get rid of this car so we plan to keep it as a 3rd car and use it in the summer for 6 months. The logistics of this seem much harder than I thought especially with the insurance. I have insurance with Adrian Flux and they will mirror any no claims onto a new car but I will have to run annual insurance on the Spider and cancel over the winter.

The alternative seems to look into Multi car insurance ??? As some of you must have multiple cars I thought I would ask what you do. Many Classic or cherished car insurance seem to vary on the age a car becomes Classic etc ?

We are thinking of getting a Alfa 156 Sportwagon 1.9 diesel as a all year replacement for the Spider. Any views on this model are welcome for economy and reliability. I do appreciate there is no such thing as a totally reliable Alfa but views on models to avoid perhaps Selespeed etc!!!

Regards to all.

Any helpful tips appreciated.
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Languedoc Roussillon
Hello and welcome to AO......any photos of the spider??.....
AO Platinum Member
County: Essex
Hello and Welcome :wave:

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

alfa , long , owner , time