Hi - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 24-04-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Buckinghamshire

Member car:

147 2lt TS Lusso

Just got home from buying my first Alfa, a 56 147 2lt TS Lusso in dark metallic blue.
Can't wait to get it home later in the week!

Only have the dealers photo at the moment, will sort something better once its been delivered! Have also added a photo of my other car, the '77 Spitfire.

Now to start searching the forum to find out how to fit an Ipod connector to the stereo......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 147 3.jpg (30.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 147 2.jpg (35.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg spitfire.jpg (93.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Spitfire1500; 25-04-10 at 09:52.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Nice motor With a username like that, you've obviously got good taste in cars!
AO Platinum Member
County: Essex
Hello and Welcome :wave:
AO Platinum Member
County: Languedoc Roussillon
Hello and welcome to AO.....
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 28-04-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Buckinghamshire

Member car:

147 2lt TS Lusso

So I have just got home from the dealer with the 147...

I've always wanted to own an Alfa, and unfortunately got rather carried away in the dealership, not properly inspecting the car (couple of stone chips and a hefty scratch on the lower drivers side front bumper + the rear tires are either about to need replacing (or more likely already need it.) Despite this they MOT'd it (so I suspect the tires are at the 'just about to need replacing' stage rather than already needing it. Also they only gave me one key which was rather annoying!
So I probably aught to have got a fair bit more off than I did (having got above average for the Bora, and got them to change the belts). Ended up paying just under £8k

Anyway, tbh as soon as I sit in the drivers seat I really dont care! The 2lt engine makes such a nice sound, it handles really nicely and gets the power onto the road. (for the first time in a FWD car I am happy to plant my foot to the floor in first!)

Todo List:
Get and fit an Alfa Romeo iPod lead and an iPod compartment for the dash replacing the coin holder/cup holder (the latter is probably broke as I cant open it)
New Alfa badge for the bonnet (as the current one is chipped)
Clay the paintwork, then some Autoglym Super Resin Polish and Extra Gloss Protection, + a treatment on the alloys.
Call out a chip repair guy to get the stone chips/scratches repaired.
Finally, thinking about replacing the rear view mirror with a auto dimming one (I think the GT had one which will fit nicely)

Other than that I think the audio could do with improvements, certainly its not as good as the stock VW system in the Bora. Thinking about fitting a set of Genesis Profile components which I've had for a few years after taking them out of the car I had before the Bora prior to selling it.

All in all, sat here thinking im less happy as I could have saved money. But as soon as I'm behind the wheel, cant keep the smile off my face!

Looking forward to the drive to work tomorrow, many people hate Milton Keynes and its roundabouts...
I see plenty of opportunities for dropping down a gear and hearing that wonderful engine!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself