Ulf - And his member review... finally ;) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 19 Old 12-08-03 Thread Starter
Founder of AO

County: Essex

Member car:

Maserati GTS

Ulf - And his member review... finally ;)

Alfa Owner member review

Forum name: 147 dude

Lives: Oslo, Norway

Marital status: Girlfriend

What car(s) do you drive and why?
I only drive my beautiful Bella, a 147 Selespeed. It used to be my dream car, and now it’s mine! I needed a car that was beautiful, had a suitably ‘young’ image (ie no sedans, SUV’s or panserwagens) fun to drive, Italian, reliable and full of gadgets and buttons and whistles and bells, and also comfy on my long trips around Eastern/Southern Norway to customers. The 147 was about the only car I could get for under 100’000 to fullfil all these needs… 

What modifications have you made to your car?
I’m not too much for styling the beautiful Alfa Romeo’s, so not much. Tuning on the other hand is more interesting! I have now a full Novitec Cup Exhaust that replaces the two middle mufflers, a Novitec Maxxair air intake with a two-sided freeflow filter, Novitec Cup Dampers, Novitec strut brace and Eibach springs. I’m also thinking about a remap to make the most of these mods. Then mayb cams, who knows!?!

Tell us about Alfas in Norway? How are they seen? Are they popular there, many clubs, etc?
Alfa’s aren’t so popular in Norway, because of the hard winters here, and how Italian cars used to cope with them (not very well I hear, rust, bad heaters, etc!). So attitudes towards Italian cars in general are very negative among most people. But then, I guess I’m just smarter than them, heheheh…  The 147 has handled its first winter fantastically, and so did my last car, which was also Italian, so this proves people wrong, I think!

Tell us about your website, How it started?
I started www.147dude.com while I was waiting for my bella, 4 months I waited! Too much time on my hands, so I had to do something, my girlfriend at the time went nuts, all I could talk about was this car, hehe… I lay awake nights reading the instruction manual, which I got a few months before the car, hehe. So I had to do something, and a website was the answer. After that it’s just grown and grown, and it’s mostly updated quite often, depending on how much time&energy I have for it.

What started your passion for Alfa Romeo?
I’m not quite sure when it happened! I guess it was just a natural step from my last car, a Fiat Barchetta, I needed something more practical but also more fun, then there was only one way to go, the Alfa way…. Also I’m crazy about Italy, so I really don’t want any wines, foods or cars that aren’t Italian, hehe…

What do you like most about Alfas?
The feeling you get when you drive them, that big silly grin I get on my face.

What do you like least about Alfas?
Their sketchy reputation in Scandinavia, the 2nd hand value.

What would be your dream cars?
There are so many! I’d like a Bertone Coupé (1750 GTAm one preferably!), a GTV6, Alfetta GT, Sud, Sprint, 75 EVO, 166v6, 147GTA… Ferrari F355, 33 Tipo Stradale, Maserati 3200GT (with the old taillights mind you!). And a 164v6, black with tinted windows, real mobster car, hehe. Also I’d like a few Fiat 500/600’s. Some for cruising, some for racing!

What will be your next car?
If all goes well I might be able to import a 147GTA in a few year’s time. If not, I don’t know, time will tell! An Alfa with all wheel or rear wheel drive would be nice, a new one, maybe the 158 when it comes out…?

What car would you least like to have?
I drove a rent-a-wreck for a month while between cars as they say, last year, a Toyota Corolla ’87 combi coupe 1.6. That was the crappiest car I’ve driven. But a Daewoo Matiz would’ve been even worse, hehehe.

What would be your ideal drive in an Alfa, (destination, passenger, driving music, etc)?
I’d like to redo a trip I did in 2001, to Sicily for the wedding of a friend of mine, with a beautiful girl by my side, driving through Europe, stopping to see some friends along the way, sun, summertime…. I want to go back to Sicily!!! The music I don’t know, that changes a lot with my mood, and again it changes the speed I’m driving at… ueens of the Stone Age, now that’s good driving music!

Any humorous Alfa or car related stories you wish to share with us?
Not that I know!

What interests do you have outside of Alfas?
I’ve always been hugely interested in music, mostly as a listener, though I used to do college radio as well, hehehe, a punk rock show. For sports I like indoor bandy, cycling, golf, soccer and I tried snowboarding once, that was cool! I enjoy photography, web design, reading… I also enjoy watching movies a lot, have a big thing for mafia/gangster movies lately, hehe. Also a lot of photography lately, especially of cars. Maybe I should’ve been a car photographer, and not an IT dude.

Tell us something nobody knows about you. (e.g. special skill, ever been on TV, etc)
I used to have a big Mohawk or mohikan or what you call it in English, you know the haircut, hehe. Punk rock, back in the day! Ah yeah!

Any ambitions?:
Yes, many many! One of them is the 147 GTA. Others I like to keep to myself for now, but I can tell as much as that it involves me taking over the world.

What do you like most about Alfaowner forum?
Loads of fun people, from all over the place, loads of 147 owners to ask about technical stuff for my car!

Any favourite threads, posts you wish to share with us?
Not that I can think of!

How would you like to see the forum develop in the future?
Think it’s moving along fine!

[CENTER]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

"What do you like most about Alfas?
The feeling you get when you drive them, that big silly grin I get on my face."

I've seen this... in Ant's face . You have my dream car!!! rant send it immediatly to Guatemala please????

Ulf, really nice review thanks for shareing it with us.

-Andrea
AO Gold Member

great read Ulf!
way to go wink wink
AO Silver Member

Member car:

2.4L VTEC Honda

Ulf,

Great Interview! Man! Keep Up the good work with your web site!

Hope to see you next year in Norway!

Cheers,

Reuven
AO Gold Member

County: Antwerpen
A man of good taste :
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There are so many! I’d like a Bertone Coupé (1750 GTAm one preferably!), a GTV6, Alfetta GT, Sud, Sprint, 75 EVO, 166v6, 147GTA… Ferrari F355, 33 Tipo Stradale, Maserati 3200GT (with the old taillights mind you!). <hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
Nice interview Ulf.. Keep blasting us away with those brilliant photo's you make
AO Silver Member

County: Set&uacute;bal
Very nice review Ulf,

Go for that 147 GTA ... then you can give me yours

All the Best

Sérgio
147dude

Thanks dudes! It only took me about 6 months to complete the interview, so I'm glad you liked it! laughing

AO Silver Member

Member car:

2.4L VTEC Honda

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 147dude:
<strong>Thanks dudes! It only took me about 6 months to complete the interview, so I'm glad you liked it! laughing </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And I thought I took my time ! wink
RimRenault

Ulf,

Nice reading your interview!

wink

Bob Maes

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Any ambitions?:
Yes, many many! One of them is the 147 GTA. <hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think we all want that one

(Post Link) post #11 of 19 Old 14-08-03 Thread Starter
Founder of AO

County: Essex

Member car:

Maserati GTS

Well done Ulf, good read!
Ivo
AO Gold Member

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by alfaowner:
<strong>Maserati 3200GT (with the old taillights mind you!)</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hear, hear

Nice one, dude
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Edna Mode!

Ulf,

Great review! About that taking over the world part: if you need a bonkers Moroccan dictator, just give me a call laughing
147dude

I'll put you up on my mailing list for world domination. no problemo!

Ivo
AO Gold Member

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 147dude:
<strong>I'll put you up on my mailing list for world domination. no problemo!</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes...domination.jpg

Ivo
AO Gold Member

img tag gone?
Ivo
AO Gold Member

147dude

Yes, a bit like that, but mine will be more efficient....

AO Gold Member

Ulf, you are a real Alfist among the Volvo invasion ! don't let other people's perception about what is a good or bad car get in your way !
In Holland Alfa's also have an iffy reputation..
we are swamped with VW's and Opels...
Seeing all those tasteless cars I always grin when I see my 156 selespeed with all the trimmings !!
keep up the good work !

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

Tags
finally , member , review , ulf