Deng Kao - Interviewed - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 62 Old 03-03-03 Thread Starter
Founder of AO

County: Essex

Member car:

Maserati GTS

Deng Kao - Interviewed

Alfa Owner member review

Forum name: Deng Kao

Place of Birth: Groningen (In the North of the Netherlands)

Lives: ut Gooi

Marital status: Living together

What car(s) do you drive and why? The ((one of the)first) new Alfa 147 1.9 JTD 16V.
Due to my girlfriend.
It started when I met her. I use to have a Lancia Delta 1.6 HPE. All her family drives Italian (Fiat and/or Alfa) and she said, you can’t park you car on our drive way unless it is Italian.
Well I did find a nice spot on their drive way. So when I needed a new car, she lead me to Alfa. But I must admit that my eye fell on the 147 before that.

Have you made any modifications to your car? If so what? White side indicators, 17” Super sports, Bose sound system, Audio controls on steer wheel, soon a sport exhaust. (maybe lower the car 20/30mm)

Tell us about Alfas in your country? How are they seen? Are they popular there, many clubs, etc? They are pretty popular, but also known as a bit of road devils. Most people think Alfa drivers are a bit too aggressive on the road. My dad for example (who is a publisher) use to tell Alfa Romeo that he didn’t want an advertisement of them in the magazine, because the rust so hard that even the staples in the magazine rusted away. ;-)

What started your passion for Alfa Romeo? Well, she is red, 26, and listens to name Monique, or my girlfriend so to say

What do you like most about Alfas? The design, the difference and the passion. Since I had the Lancia (which has the Italian temperament as well) I love the way of driving. The sound, the handling and the feeling. But back to the Alfa, she is different. An eye catcher, she doesn’t rust that hard anymore, the handling is great. I feel different in an Alfa instead of in a VW, Peugeot or what ever.

What do you like least about Alfas? The reputation they (use to) have. See above.

What would be your dream cars? Geeee, well I guess different cars for different moments. But I guess, Land Rover defender 10, Aston Martin, Mc Laren F1, Spyker, at the moment a GTA (147/156), Jaguar e-type II, xk8, Ford mustang (convertible,V8, don’t ask me the year, 60’s)

What will be your next car? Hopefully a big fat 156 (SW)

What car would you least like to have? A VW, a Mercedes, a BMW. I just really really dislike a car that is a car of the people. Like every consultant is driving a Golf, or a 318. It is just too ordinairy. Lada, Skoda, Seat, Ford (the current models). As long as it is not too common.

What would be your ideal drive in an Alfa, (destination, passenger, driving music, etc)?
Driving music would be: Erykah Badu, I just ordered the cd of Relax (Live @Panama) Great music, jazzy, good beat, good head nodding driving. Golden Earring, Faithless. Zuco 103. Lounge, deep house, easy listening (St Germaine, Etienne de Crecy, Cookin’Records Ingredients)
Destination: Any where, winter sports, Portugal (I love Portugal)
Passenger: My girl of course! And my friends/family

Any humorous Alfa or car related stories you wish to share with us?
A friend of mine was driving (high speed)in his dad’s car on the German highway, when a motorcycle pulled up. The biker pointed to my friend (who was driving) and held up two fingers, as in “you, 200 km/hr” and then pointed to himself and held up 3 fingers as in “me, 300 km/hr” and shifted one gear down and gave gas, and spurted away. The look on his face.

Or another friend who was sitting on the passenger seat, next to his dad, waiting for a traffic light. A black BMW pulled up next to him (right hand side). And there were 5 dark colored blokes inside. So he turned down his window and signalled the guys next to him to do the same.
So the driver did. He stuck his head out, looked inside the bmw ands asked,
“ShiiiiiT guys, had a little in car fire???”
The traffic light was still red, but his dad, did not know how fast he should get away there. Red light or not.

That is the same guy who was driving a bunch of (drunk)college friends home after a night out.
He got pulled over by a police man. The guys were students, so they had blazers on etc.
The police man peeks inside and says: “well well, “smells like a bunch of students, hey?!”
This guy sticks his had out and sniffs a few times and says: “well well, smells like grammar school, hey?!”

What interests do you have outside of Alfas?
Well, single malt scotch Whisky, Horses (we have two horses with which we compete. Cross Country e.g.) Motorbike, sailing, travelling, martial arts, cooking and spoiling my g/f.

Tell us something nobody knows about you. (e.g. special skill, ever been on TV, etc)
Ha! Euhrrr, I was on TV here in Holland once. With a programm called Chatchoice. The idea is people can respond to a small “commercial” you made. Girls respond to that and you get to chat with them. After that you can pick 3, you like best. Then the camera crew goes inside there houses with the camera and you are in the back of a van. Looking at a monitor and try to add up your chat session to what you see in their houses. (underwear, beds, kitchens, bathrooms etc) A great laugh. Did it just for fun. And had a great time.

I can hold a person, concentrate and feel the illness/pain that person is having. And if I can, I’ll take the pain/illness away. I do this with our horses as well. As they can’t speak (accept for mister Ed ;-) ) it is easier to feel what is wrong with them. And it works. Believe it or not.

Further more, 25% Chinese.

Any ambitions?:
Yeah! Having our own little country house/cottage, with stables, land, some horses (a few for trade and a few for the sport), a Danish Dog, Jack Russell, a company of my own. Seeing a lot of the world. Having my honey moon on Bali (Indonesia) or Golden Eye (Jamaica). And enough money to live happy and comfortable. Oh yeah, maybe emigrating to somewhere sunny and warm, and good opportunity to start a business of my own and having our own…..Jack Russell.
(and an Alfa and kiddies….)

What do you like most about Alfaowner forum?
The knowledge here, all the different members, and the level of addictiveness.

Any favourite threads, posts you wish to share with us?
Alfa meeting in April 2003, 147/156/166 lounge, ooof and there are just too many threads.

How would you like to see the forum develop in the future?
I’d like to see the shop develop more, a way to keep track of your favourite threads (like putting on a “follow flag”)

[CENTER]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

Deng,

Great story!

Hans
AO Member

Member car:

147 1.9 JTD 16V

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by selespeed:
<strong>Deng,

Great story!

Hans</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Had to have it complete. First guess the alfaowner, next my bella on-line and to finish it of, the interview.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1561
County: -

Member car:

busso powered

It would only be complete if I showed the picture of you when you were standing next to your bella. In the original size!

But too bad it isn't allowed to show pics in this lounge.
AO Member

Member car:

147 1.9 JTD 16V

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by selespeed:
<strong>It would only be complete if I showed the picture of you when you were standing next to your bella. In the original size!

But too bad it isn't allowed to show pics in this lounge.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And on that pic I even haven't driven my 140 bhp diesel bella!

Hmmm, guess I'd need a steel brush to wipe it off.

D
AO Gold Member

nice interview Deng!

your g/f sounds good
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Edna Mode!

Deng,

Great interview!

I see there's no messing around with you (martial arts )!
AO Member

Member car:

147 1.9 JTD 16V

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mel Bonkers:
<strong>Deng,

Great interview!

I see there's no messing aroung with you (martial arts )!</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not only with me, nor my girl, nor my bella!!

Den
AO Gold Member

County: Antwerpen
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mel Bonkers:
<strong>Deng,

Great interview!

I see there's no messing around with you (martial arts )!</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">well, on the otherhand, if he hurts you, he can then hold you and heal you again wink
great story,Dennis specially the "car fire" story
Ivo
AO Gold Member

Dennis,

You have a red-head GF eek!

yummy
AO Gold Member

Deng !
great story, and you know what ?! you are an Alfisti and that's for life....
I come from the same type of family, only Italian cars ...anything else is rubbish !
Secretly I am busy buying a 911, but I don't know how to bring that in the clan.... will they throw me out of the family, shoot away my kneecaps ? or what ? what do you think, or do I have to go through the rest of my life looking over my shoulder ?
help will be appreciated.. wink
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Edna Mode!

rarebear,

GO FOR THE PORSCHE! That's almost EVERY BOYS dreamcar !
AO Member

Member car:

147 1.9 JTD 16V

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ivo:
<strong>Dennis,

yummy </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ye
AO Member

Member car:

147 1.9 JTD 16V

Rarebear,

Well, you could and try to bring it like the porsche is the grocery car wink wink
And the alfa the luxery car.
Otherwise you might end up with a horse head in your bed.
Ivo
AO Gold Member

<strong>rarebear,

GO FOR THE PORSCHE! That's almost EVERY BOYS dreamcar !</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Go for the 3200GT, I know were to buy one
Ivo
AO Gold Member

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by DengKao:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ivo:
<strong>Dennis,

yummy </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ye </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Talking about every boys dream wink
RimRenault

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ivo:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by DengKao:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ivo:
<strong>Dennis,

yummy </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ye </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Talking about every boys dream wink </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Also my wife has red hair!!

wink Rim

Ivo
AO Gold Member

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RimRenault:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by DengKao:
<strong>Dennis,

yummy </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ye </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Talking about every boys dream wink </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Also my wife has red hair!!

wink Rim</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">running in the family wink
RimRenault

You know what they say about redhaired woman!!

wink Rim

AO Member

Member car:

147 1.9 JTD 16V

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RimRenault:
<strong>You know what they say about redhaired woman!!

wink Rim</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What they say is:
You can't trust them.
No worries for me there....
RimRenault

That is not what I mend!!!

wink Rim

AO Gold Member

County: Antwerpen
Don't worry, I know what you mean, Rimmie wink
RimRenault

OK Wimpie,

You're my friend!!!!

Ivo
AO Gold Member

/*musical moment*/ ... die kunnneeeennn kuuuussseeen, jah das nie misssss ....... /*end of musical moment*/
RimRenault

At Ivo: LOL

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

Tags
deng , interviewed , kao