Yo! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 07-03-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Renfrewshire

Your Forum name Scabies

Real name Dougie

Age 45

Occupation SHEQ Manager for a Construction Company

Lives Too Near Glasgow Airport

Marital Status Got the Ball and Chain + Two Kids, full set Boy and Girl

Which cars do you drive and why? Alf Romeo GT Lusso 2.0JTS as it is magic especially the Red Leather. 156 Sportswagen 1.9JTD Remapped and goes like stink, MG Midget roof always down and takes me back to days where the Government did not try and tax us off the road+ Tree Huggers had not been invented yet.

Are you a real passionate for Alfa Romeo? Driving an Alfa Romeo is better than Sex

What or how started your passion for Alfa Romeo and…
….do you think it’s fundamental to own one to have the passion? An old boss of mine had a GTV and he got me my first Tax Rebate which i blew on a Triumph Dolomite Sprint, an Alfa was out of my price range.

I dont think you have to own one to have the passion but it helps. I love Ford Transit Vans, never had one probably never will but i have the passion for them as a youngster i triumphed in one..

Would you ever consider joining an Alfa Club or are you already a member of one?
I am currently Considering it iam already a member of the MG Car Club, MG Owners Club and the Cloverleaf Club.

What do you like most about Alfas? Their sex appeal! And all Things Italian

What do you like least about Alfas? Nothing they are the most perfect and imperfect car money can buy.

What would be your dream cars? Lancia Delta Intergale, Morris Minor Traveller, I like real wood in or on a car

What car would you least like to drive? Any Ford/Vauxhall/Skoda

For you, what’s the most popular thread on AO? I enjoy the Blogs

What would be your ideal drive in an Alfa (destination, passenger, driving music, etc)? Inverness, God Save the Queen blaring from the tinny stereo with Joanna Lumley in the passenger seat of a 1970s Alfa Sud. This would also have to be the 1970s Joanna Lumley complete with Purdie Hair Cut.

Any humorous Alfa or car-related stories you wish to share with us? I was doing some welding to my MG when i lived at home, my dads car was parked in the wooden garage with the MG Midget behind, i set fire to the garage and had to drive my dads car out through the back wall of the garage, forgetting that his greenhouse was on the other side, what a mess his car was written off and the insurers refused to pay to replace his greenhouse.He was not happy!

What interests do you have outside of Alfas? Playing and watching Football, working on the MG, Playing Guitar in a Punk Band and appearing as a stand up comedian at local stand up venues.

Tell us something nobody knows about you. (E.g. special skill, ever been on TV, etc)
I have too many secrets, i was once an extra in a movie about Scottish Football Robert Duvall and Ally McCoist were the big name stars. The movie was called "A Shot at Glory".

Do you have a party trick? If so what is it? Not so much of a trick but my comedy act would make Billy Comnnoly, Bernard Manning and many others seem like Choir Boys

What do you like most about the Alfaowner forum? The good technical advice

If you had 50,000 you had to spend in 72 hours, how would you choose to spend it? I would throw a huge party for all my friends and for those that know me and i would provide the entertainment.

A wee joke to finish on;
I stood on the edge of Crewe Railway Station the other day for 8 hours, and i am far from happy. It was freezing and ******* with rain.

There was a sign painted on the platform edge which said "Stand Here and be Sucked Off" nothing, absolutely nothing happened so iam raging!

Last edited by Scabies; 26-03-10 at 13:00.
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Limburg
Thank you for sharing Dougie! Much appreciated

GT 2.0 JTS
'70ies Joanna Lumley - good choice!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself