Introducing - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 31-01-10 Thread Starter
County: Noord Holland

He Everyone,

A new 146 owner from Amsterdam, Holland. Just returned from a 2300 km drive from Athens, Greece in our "new" Alfa 146!
Looking forward to read all your stories and experiences. We will need them, since we had some minor issues on our way here.

This week we will register and import the car officially here!

Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Languedoc Roussillon
Hello and welcome to AO from England, that was some drive you had to get your 146.....
Check out the tech section for any help or advice you may need.......
AO Platinum Member
County: Essex
Hello and Welcome :wave:
Pics please
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

147 JTDm Ti

Good Morning.....and Welcome to the A.O. Forum, I'm sure you will enjoy it here......
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 02-02-10 Thread Starter
County: Noord Holland
He guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome. No pics yet, at least, no daylight pics. Let me try to upload something in the coming days.
As for the small problem we had during the trip: I already read through many topics where people state problems with their injector light. One time it turns out to be the crank sensor, then the airflow sensor. Either due to a jump in the timing belt, or maybe a previous log of the computer....
However, everytime each TS talks about sudden loss of power, or reduced acceleration. Or not being able to start. We had non of these. We would just stopped the car and immediately started the engine again. Light off. This happend around 20 times during the trip.

Our conception after comparing all the different times the light suddenly switched on:

1st we tought it was bad fuel from greece, that ^&*%*%*-ed the mixture. But in Holland the light still flipped on, so that could not be the case.
Then i noticed that when we used the engine to brake in moutainous terrain it would switch on. But then again, not every time.....
The weird thing is that in Italy the light wouldn't switch on that many times. Nor in the south of France.

Could it be temperature related? Greece was now 0 degrees when we were there (very cold for their standards, so for the car as well), Italy was around 10 as well as southern France. Northern France was a snowstorm, all the way up to amsterdam.

Who dares to make a guess??

Thanks in advance,
AO Gold Member
County: South Yorkshire
Welcome in Martijn, you'll love it in here and there are plenty of techys to help you out

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself