Finally i made it! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 04-10-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Lancashire
Thumbs Up Finally i made it!

Hi everyone,well ifinally made it onto the forum,took some doing with my limited pc skills.Anyhow have been hovering around the forum for the past couple off weeks,great deal of people who know what they are on about.A mate of a mate was selling a cheap 147,it was a 2001 1.6 120bhp(or i presume it is,someone will enlighten me maybe)i think its the 120 coz it has vented front discs on it,being new to it all i am still learning.This chap wanted 700 quid for it,not holding out much hope,that it would be any good me an a couple of mates set of for a scan.Turns out the lad needed it off his drive by weekend,coz his father was moaning at him,coz his mam couldnt get her car on.My mechanic mate checked it over,it had a leaking power steering hose,a couple of bald tyres,and needed discs all round.The bodywork however was spot on,as another mate checked it(bodywork lad).79000 miles seemed a bit high,and it didnt have much history,probably no belt change,but 700 quid.Iwas sorely tempted,mechanic mate said he was interested,so that did it.Wanted one of these for abit,now a couple of days down the line,i am waiting for it to come back from the garage,having spent 550 quid on fixing it up,this included a full service,with all filters and fluids,cambelt kit,new pads and discs,and some rather expensive steering hoses. mot passed,and raring to go.The more i look on this forum,the more i get this alfa thing,i love bikes,especially italian ones that are red,but bought a honda instead,italian bikes can be temperermental to! But i know this car is cheap,and will give me grief,but i am hoping we get on ok....yeah alfas eh!
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Essex
Hello and Welcome :wave:
Sounds like you got the Alfa bug
AO Gold Member
Welcome to AO
AO Gold Member
County: Conwy
Hello and welcome to AO

Enjoy and have fun

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

finally , made