Buenos Dias ***** Owners! 159 newbie - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 23-09-09 Thread Starter
County: Cork

Member car:

2006 Alfa 159

Buenos Dias ***** Owners! 159 newbie

Hello All,
Im picking up my new (to me) 06 alfa 159 on saturday
But as a opening statment i must pay tribute to its predecessor the 02 seat toledo 1.9tdi and the 4 years and 70,000 miles i've had with her.
On the down side theres been 1 clutch + Dual Mass flywheel (a particularly stupid idea that all manufacturers seem to have bought into), 1 injector pump. It hated corners and bumps, and it was impossible to keep the interior dry with most of the seals being made from cheeze or playdough (not designed with a temperate climate in mind).
However on the up side, it looked pretty good, did 630 miles per tank repeatedly and you could get up to 120MPH if you were feeling lucky (stiff breeze and slight hill required). driving position was good, it handled the milage well and even now it loves chewing up the miles. It was 1000 times better that most rental cars ive driven. Great car, alas i hardly knew ye...

Seat, however, have gone off the rails with their new designs though, the new Leon is nice to look at however when you drive it the driving position is poor and the long front pillars either side of the windscreen result in huge blind spots when driving in town. oh and the new toledo looks like a bucket of s**te, I couldnt buy one again.

I spotted a alfa 159 in the carpark at a plant i was visiting the design and styling is breathtaking, this led me to the tinternet, and a main dealer just down the road (Lee Garage) I drove it and loved it. I never considered Alfa before, but i suppose something just clicked for the 159. Its a really civilized car to drive (by civilized i mean everything is as it should be (with the exception of the light switch- which i can get over), its got decent performance, and doesnt mind being whipped around corners, easily the best car ive seen and driven in a good while. Then the deamons came at me... coming to me in my sleep chanting "RELIABILITY" in my ears, every night for a week. to silence them i got 12 months warranty from the dealer and signed up for an AA package with all the bells and whistles (first time in 10 years of motoring).

I cant wait to pick it up and bid the old bean tin a fond and overdue fairwell.

I believe i've caught the alfa bug
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Conwy
Hello and welcome to AO

Enjoy and have fun
AO Platinum Member
County: Essex
Hello and Welcome :wave:
The 159 is a great car. Enjoy
Temp Un-Registered

Member car:

147 JTDm Ti

Good Morning......and Welcome to the A.O. Forum, I'm sure you will enjoy it here............

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

159 , buenos , dias , newbie , owners