newbie to alfas some sad news and a reccomendation - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 10-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Kent
newbie to alfas some sad news and a reccomendation

hi all i am new to alfas i bought a 155 for track use and bought the mrs a 156 V6 plus i have a company car, i learnt the hard way with cambelts on my V6 the ad stated it was done and turned out it hadnt been and that was it cost me a fortune thought i better sign up to a forum to mingle with other alfa owners.

basically i live near london and was put on to a company in East sussex called SDR Autos and was recommended that they were the bees knees at anything alfa so went along got my V6 up there and because i lived so far away and my mrs needs the car for the kids they gave me an alfa courtesy car straight away cos they had one available at the time.

Anyway turns out they had all the bits in stock to fix it, their alfa trained mechanics seemed to know exactly what they were talking about, very proffesional service good rates courtesy car and people who actually know them inside out. So its all been fixed returned to me quickly and it turns out they also have a large selection of alfas in stock, everything from 159's to an old mint 164 i got interested in a 147 they had up there for sale the mrs liked it and we ended up replacing my track day car with the 156 and the more economical car being the new 147 we purchased from them.

they always change the belts come with a new mot and replace everything that needs to be done on all their cars and was very happy with the staff and service which is hard to find these days i have had some bad experiences with garages.

Long and short of this is i thought they were worth a mention they use alfas on track days and truly know the cars inside out and actually enjoy them and after iffy backstreet garage repairs it was like a breath of fresh air.

Anyway their cars for sale and services are all on Auto Trader Dealer Pages - SDR Autos Ltd and number is 01892 783366 for sales servicing parts mot's paintwork anything alfa related!

Last edited by 155/156nut; 10-06-09 at 21:02.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Essex

Member car:

all alfas

Hi and welcome to the AO forum
AO Gold Member
County: Conwy
Hello and welcome to the AO forum, enjoy!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

alfas , newbie , news , reccomendation , sad