New to the Spider World - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 19-05-09 Thread Starter
County: Washington
Thumbs Up New to the Spider World

Hi all, I just purchased my 1978 Spider Veloce 2 days ago. I dont know a whole lot about it, and found this forum during my search for info on the car. It seems that the car is fairly stock except for the fuel system. As I understand, the car was originally manufactured with fuel injection, but that has been replaced with duel carbs. It runs like a champ and sounds great with aftermarket header and exhaust. It is yellow with brown(ish) seats and door panels. I don't know how many colors they came out with for interior colors, but I want, and need to get new seats and doorpanels. The dash and sun visors are black, and Im unsure if that is an indication of anything yet. Anyway, it looks and sounds good going down the road and drives great, so I think I'll just take my time fixing it up and drive it when the sun's out!
Sponsored Links
Global Mod Team
County: British Columbia
Re: New to the Spider World

Hi Rob welcome and congrats on your Spider. Sounds like a nice one, I had a 77 but it had a bit of rust. check out our Classic tech section for any help or info you need. Also the alfabb .com is invaluable as a site for us *older* Spider owners.
AO Member

Member car:

Spider series 3

hi Rob & welcome, better to do it slowly and enjoy it as the suns out as you may start doing too much and miss the summer as ive missed 2!! and have time to think of the best options for you & your spider....also what color are the carpets by the way? i have an s3 blue spider 1989 and it has black interior all over but its vinyl, i will consider when recovering in leather to re cover in black but poss with blue alternating ribs to seats or the whole ribbed area in blue, as being fully restored at present want to enhance it while remaining classic, also if recovering door cards better to renew hardboard if at all buckled and replace any clips as nothing worse than a door card that keeps popping off as most of my old cars do! good luck
AO Platinum Member
County: Newport

Hello and welcome to AO

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

spider , world