Hi - to cut a long story short, I am looking for a little guidance on how to pursue a dispute I have with Alfa Romeo...
A little over 30 days ago I was traveling up north when my 2.4 Brera started making an awful noise and the oil light came on. I pulled over checked the oil - which was bear, so I put around 4-5 litres in, this had no affect on the oil light...
I took my car to the garage 2 days later....30 days later, I am told that the engine has been starved of oil and the warranty claim has been rejected as this is not a manufacturer issue.
Bear in mind
- car serviced 10,000 miles prior to this
- there is no oil leak
- complete oil change at service
- no oil light before this issue
- Alfa Romeo customer service team are absolutely useless
- Warranty will not provide proof of issue
- Complete engine rebuild required - which is £6k
- Courtesy car now been revoked
- Contract hire Payments still continue
Do i have to expect a 6k engine rebuild every 10,000 miles with the Brera?
I appreciate this is meant to be a hello email - but can anyone provide any guidance on where to take this - other than a lawyer...