Me - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 15-05-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Real name

Design Engineer

Marital Status

which cars do you drive and why?

Alfa 147

Why? I had a Peugeot 206 Xsi which was my first car once I got my first proper job. I really liked it as (I think) it was a decent looking car due to it being the sportier Xsi model. To drive it was nice. Not amazing but nice.

My brother had the 147 and got a new job with a company car so it was time for him to sell it. My first thought was I wouldn't be able to afford it. However, a few days later my 206 was for sale and I had agreed a price with him.

It is crazy but for a mere £300 I managed to upgrade my 51 plate 1.6l 206 to a 02 plate 2.0l 147. It did have a big bash in the door which decreased the price right enough.

I have now caught the bug and smile everytime I get in it.

Next is a GTA when I can afford it. Could be a while

Are you a real passionate for Alfa Romeo?

I'd like to think I am now. First my dad bought a 156 which he still has. I was insured on that one summer inbetween uni years and LOVED it! Much better than driving my mum's Honda Jazz that's for sure!! Then my brother bought his 147 and I had a wee shot. I knew I had to have one at some point. I never thought it'd be that one though. Now I love everything about Alfa...well most things.

What or how started your passion for Alfa Romeo and…
….do you think it’s fundamental to own one to have the passion?

My dads fault.. he said: "Would you rather have a German woman with hairy armpits who's always on time? Or would you rather have a Beautiful dark italian woman who's a little bit late now and then?"
I love this answer! I guess my answer is above.

Would you ever consider joining an Alfa Club or are you already a member of one?

I would like to be in the club but really don't think I could contribute anything so not really worth it.

What do you like most about Alfas?

Their style.
Also, I love it when people ask me what kind of car I drive and I can proudly say "Alfa Romeo". Of course most people reply with "has it not broken yet" but they are just jealous!

What do you like least about Alfas?

Niggles. It seems everyone gets the same problems. This forum is great for that though as you can find an answer to most problems!

What would be your dream cars?

Short Term - 147 GTA

Long Term - Aston Martin DB9, 8C

What car would you least like to drive?

Nissan Micra.

For you, what’s the most popular thread on AO?

Does this mean my favourite thread? Or the thread I look at most? Or something else?

Either way, I dunno. I love the images lounge. The adski thread was a cracker right enough.

What would be your ideal drive in an Alfa (destination, passenger, driving music, etc)?

Desination: The winding roads up and down Italian mountains and I really want to cross the Millau Viaduct in France. I fooking love bridges!
Passenger: Julia Roberts
Driving music: Pretty Woman
Car: 8C

Any humorous Alfa or car-related stories you wish to share with us?

A friend of mine bought some horrific wheels for his saxo.. the shop fitted them for him, then 5 minutes down the road 3 of the four monstrosities rolled off in different directions!

Nothing spectacular really. Sorry I really can't think of anything.

What interests do you have outside of Alfas?

Aberdeen Football Club
Road trips
Music - any jingly jangly Indie pushes my buttons

Tell us something nobody knows about you. (E.g. special skill, ever been on TV, etc)

I starred at the Lakeside with my tinsel wig and air guitar.

Do you have a party trick? If so what is it?

Air guitar

What do you like most about the Alfaowner forum? Any favourite threads, episodes or people?

ANSWERS! You always get answers!

If you had £50,000 you had to spend in 72 hours, how would you choose to spend it?

I'd buy a Gallardo (second hand obviously) then tear it up in tesco car park with the other rude boys.
Can I stick with this from Sam-K? Sounds awesome!

Stand Free
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: herts
Re: Me

Good read for a Friday almost noon time.:
AO Platinum Member
County: Limburg
Re: Me

Originally Posted by hopeisimportant View Post
What interests do you have outside of Alfas?

You've really come to the right place then.

Thanks for sharing!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself