Forced to post this... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 01-05-09 Thread Starter
County: Auckland

Member car:

'99 156 2.5 v6

Forced to post this...

Hello. I have the black 156. its my 2nd 156. first I have 4 cylinders encased in a silver body, then I sell that, so now I have 6 cylinders. Most of my adult life I kept a car for maybe 6 months, not much more, with my Alfa one5six ?, well we're been going out together now for 18 months, (and 8 months with the silver darling before that), its like reaching middle age and finding that your waist size doesn't allow you to wear a belt you bought 2 years ago anymore, but you dont care because you have found the sort of car you actually, fit in, feel comfortable in, drive like a maniac without falling off the road, and, according to my "other" going out partner Lisa, look good in too ! Ah, but what does she know, she drives an Altezza ! (oh, which she got from me when I got my first alfa)
Ok, I wanted information, but the site is insisting that I do a "Hello Post"
Done the cambelt, put in the new steel waterpump, etc. but probably need to do the air flow meter, as at 5000 rpm it has the flat spot, and I quite like the higher revs on the road out to Piha (go to google maps and have a look, Piha is a west coast beach about 40 kilometres from my front door in Auckland New Zealand) gonna try cleaning it before I spend $800 on a new one which is what they cost way out here in NZ !!!. But just the other day, like yesterday, about 3.36 pm my veesixone5six illuminated its injector light on the dashboard, (these are called idiot lights, right ?) stayed on for the short trip I was doing, but did not come on again when I did the return trip......Q. does this mean that 1/ the injectors are gonna blow up soon ?. 2/ that a bottle of injector cleaner will solve all my problems ?. 3/ Should I sell and buy a japanese car ?, and if so how could I hold my head up with happiness again ?
Any thoughts and comments would make me feel loved and worthy.
Sponsored Links
Admin Team
County: Hertfordshire
Re: Forced to post this...

great first post and welcome to AO.
You would get more answers if you post this is the 156 tech lounge. It's could be many things - a maf on it's way, a faulty coil pack etc... If you post it in the tech lounge someone will help
Re: Forced to post this...

Hi welcome to AO, line 18, 1st sentence, the answer is no

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

forced , post

« exhaust | Hi »