The joy and the pain of the Alfa owner!
Loving the fun and personality of my 1999 2.0TS Spider, but cursing the innumerable quirks and peculiarities!
Currently fighting with a rattly passenger door window.
Still to do:
- adjust driver's door window so it doesn't catch on the hood (on the rare occasion I have the hood up!)
- replace the duff thermostat (just ordered replacement from EB Spares)
- once it's running at the right temp, reset the ECU in an attempt to cure the hesitation just after 4000 revs (particularly noticeable in 2nd)
- adjust the handbrake as the pillock that MOT'd it has left it unable to hold the car on a hill!
- clean the hood properly, getting rid of the algae and then using the Renovo hood restorer I bought ages ago ...
Next big jobs likely to be:
- replace radiator, as there's a small leak
- get clutch replaced as the bite point is somewhere near the top
Only one thing that's got me scratching my head ... why do I always get a crunch changing down from 2nd to 1st (except when almost stationary)?