1999 2l 156 T-spark
Hi all just picked up a 99 156 2l t-spark at the weekend. i have been wanting one for a while. but im normally broke. i wouldnt be considered a big spender got it for 1500 euro with only 60k on the clock with some small issues as expected. i was hoping i could get some feedback as i am not very technical and worried due to scare mongery by uneducated people. i was not looking for an exremly reliable car i was looking for a particular car and as i am not driving for work any more i decided to go with my heart. please any advice would be greatly appriciated
1. back driver side electric window not working. from front or back can here the click of switch dont know if its making contact but window will not go up or down. open about 1/4 way so not secure have some tape holding it in position so no one will get ideas
2. noticed large amount of oil under the car. after i bought it i freaked out at first but it turned out to be a loose sump bolt i tightned it and mentioned it to my father in law ex-mechanic 20 of years + he got under the car and over tightned the bolt now its dripping slowly but persistantly i belive he over tightned it . Which is most likly a rung bolt or a rung sump threads dont want to order a bolt and loose all my oil if its most likely the sump. how much in cash is involved in a sump replacement.
3. over heating in traffic. car is fine when moving temprature as low as (60) but when i was bringing it home i got stuck in traffic the gauge went up as far as 110. i got worried so i stopped and checked the oil which is over full. Is this within normal operating tempratures.
4. front suspension squeeks over speed bumps and rough ground not a huge amount of noise but worried as i hear front suspension is a nightmare and expensive to fix.
5. radio keeps beeping single beep every few minutes when cd or radio. radio will not pick up stations or turn off when engine is turned off.
Last edited by THE_NIK; 08-09-08 at 15:13.