GTs and Ala Customer Service - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 07-07-08 Thread Starter

Member car:

Alfa GT

GTs and Ala Customer Service

Having had a 2.0JTS GT for three years I decided to renew a contract hire for a new one direct with Alfa, to coincide with the return of the previous baby.

I have to admit to being completely astonished at the ability of the company to accept an order, take my deposit but completely fail to even start production of the car.

Now some four months after ordering I am completely without a car, Alfa have dicked about trying to pretend they are 'on the case' but somehow managing to make Quadrifolglios', Brera S's etc but not my car... Nothing special, just a red GT 2.0...

They turned around last week after finally admitting the car would not be available until September (yes folks, FIVE months late - allowing for the original two months 'production') potentially offering a Quad but upping the contract hire fee - for a car thats 3000 list LESS than the one I ordered.

Now I might be a bear with small brain, but the deal that I am being fobbed off with is not impressive...

Has anyone else suffered this way? Is this common? Last time I did just take the car in the showroom as it was, but this time I thought,no, I want a bit of choice (woooo colour, luggage net!) so was I asking for trouble?

Anyway, whilst the GT is a wonderful car, it does leave with with an expensive intermediary bill for my logistics and a very sour taste in the mouth - particularly after the editiorial in Feel that seemed to suggest all is wonderful in the Alfa Marketing world... NOT!

Sponsored Links
Awaiting Email Conf
County: Lake District
Re: GTs and Ala Customer Service

What does the dealer have to say.
Re: GTs and Ala Customer Service

welcome to AO munchman...

it sounds like you are having a complete nightmare...not had any first hand experience in purchasing a new Alfa...hopefully someone will be along in a mo to give you some gut feel would be to ask for my money back !!...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

ala , customer , gts , service