Interview with a GTAAA - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 07-06-08 Thread Starter
Interview with a GTAAA

Your Forum name

Real name
Steven Fernando

I run my own printing business

Colombo, Sri Lanka

Marital Status
Divorced, Single

which cars do you drive and why?
A 2.0 156 as theirs is nothing better for the money or even for a lot more money. The equivalent BMW will be double the price. I can only see myself replacing this with a used Boxter or a new Alfa GT or Maybe a Mito. But ever changing import tax policies in our country means they are all about 3 times the price compared to my 156.

Are you a real passionate for Alfa Romeo?
Extremely! I own 4. My Giulia GT Junior, the 156, and an Alfetta GTV and Sud Sprint, which are being restored.

What or how started your passion for Alfa Romeo andÖ
Ö.do you think itís fundamental to own one to have the passion?

Itís a long story but to shorten it I was desperate to get rid of a Triumph 2000 I bought in haste and traded it in for the Junior. The first drive was a revelation. It made me realize that this was something very very special. Iím not sure if you have to own one, but you certainly need to have a few good drives for it to sink in.

Would you ever consider joining an Alfa Club or are you already a member of one?
I am a member of AROC-UK and am a founder member and office bearer of the ITALIAN CAR ENTHUSIASTSí CLUB Ė SRI LANKA ICE

What do you like most about Alfas?
The drive is so much more rewarding than cars from any other brand bar a few very expensive exotics maybe. They feel so special and you know that someone truly passionate and in touch with its glorious history did things when engineering. The history and most of them are so sexy too.

What do you like least about Alfas?
That the company has been mis-managed for so long which has hurt the brandsí image, and the bigger cars are still not RWD. No dealer in Sri Lanka : ((

What would be your dream cars?
Right now; an 8C Spider in pearl white, with red leather.

What car would you least like to drive?
Oh there are so many. The Nissan Bluebird diesel is my all time greatest crap car, closely followed by the Sunny and the 1.3 Ford Orion GL that my father owned years ago. And then there are the Corollas.......bring out my fire hose.

For you, whatís the most popular thread on AO?
What would be your ideal drive in an Alfa (destination, passenger, driving music, etc)?

Iíve only just joined I need to hand around more.
My ideal driveÖ? Maybe a blast through the Italian Alps in a modern Alfa (RZ) and the Mille Miglia route in a classic Alfa (Giulietta Sprint). I think Iíll take Danica Patrick through the Alps and get some tips listening to Massive Attack ; )) And Uma Thurman in the Giulietta with Mario Lanza on a hidden CD player.

Any humorous Alfa or car-related stories you wish to share with us?
Yes. My dream-Alfas were the Alfetta GTV and Sud Sprint which was the 1st Alfa Iíd seen in the metal. I promised myself to get one of them after the Giulia had infected me. Old Alfas are very very rare in SL and I had no hope of finding one. Then two came up for sale at exactly the same time. I spent about a week tossing and turning in bed with no virtually sleep trying to decide which one. So I bought both!

What interests do you have outside of Alfas?
Cars and Motorsport, Writing, Art and design

Tell us something nobody knows about you. (E.g. special skill, ever been on TV, etc)
I am a test driver for our local Motor Mag - :: Motormag :: Home Sri Lanka
I have to fight myself to not expect the Alfa magic in everything else that I drive.
Iím writing a book on Super cars in the local lingo as I want to educate the general public who has zero knowledge about cars outside the Toyota, Nissan and Honda world in our country.

Do you have a party trick? If so what is it?
According to my friends Iím great at impersonating other people when Iíve one too many vodkas!

What do you like most about the Alfaowner forum? Any favourite threads, episodes or people?
Iím very new, but it seems like a great place and everyone seems friendly.

If you had £50,000 you had to spend in 72 hours, how would you choose to spend it?
Iíd invest most of it and take a holiday trip to Italy with the balance, to do those two drives mentioned above. Not sure I can get those two passengers with such short notice though; )
Sponsored Links
Re: Interview with a GTAAA

Good Interview, love the idea of just buying both cars! One of those Ah sod it moments!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

gtaaa , interview