Hi folks - I'm back into the Alfa scene so I figured I'd start up over here (alfa156.net seems to have gone quiet since my last visit).
How long has this forum been going? - embarassingly I've only just found out it existed
Well the Alfa isn't really mine- it's the wife's, I have to drive a boring diesel cos of the miles I do.
I put 30 quid in her 156 v6 (Veloce, Sport Susp, CF 3 with ME 3.1 ECU) and cos of the fun I was having with it - it lasted barely a hundred miles - almost as bad as my old S4 Audi (2.7 v6 Twin Turbo).
Anyoo I've done a fair bit of work on the Alfa since she got it in 2006:
1) Replaced the radiator which was rotten.
2) Swapped the rear caliper carriers as the pads were dragging.
3) Replaced rear disks cos of point 2
4) Oil and filter change
5) Alloy undertray from a firm in Denmark whose name I forget (only 75 quid as was water stained)
6) Top wishbones cos of that god awful squeak - back again after 12 months (fecking speed bumps round here)
7) Fitted new Kenwood head unit and Nokia Bluetooth car kit.
8) HID Kit - had to remove that as one of the bulbs wasn't producing a decent light pattern (MOT Failure otherwise)
The recent cold snap coupled with the wife's really short journeys (10K miles in 2 years) played havoc with the electrics - almost replaced the alternator cos of that!
I've recently bought a license for Alfa Diag so I can use my old VAG-com cables from the Audi on this - FYI ME 3.1 ECU only about 80% supported.
Shortly on the horizon is going to be:
Cross drilled & grooved disks - Ferodo DS2500 pads (good on me Audi)
If I feel particularly generous I may put some Koni FSD's on when I do the bushes and springs and disks.
Anybody using the Eibach Anti Roll bars? I'm not so sure the 156 needs it - it doesn't seem to roll much?
Lastly - anybody got a source for H7 bulbs that are quite short - ie fit the 156 headlights with room to spare instead of being so damn tight?
Anyhoo - nice to be here!