hello there, newbie on board - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 18-02-08 Thread Starter

Member car:

alfa 2.0ts gtv

hello there, newbie on board

hi everyone!!

thought i'd register as i'm in the process of buying my wife an alfa gtv and i was trawling the internet to see what info i could find about it and i stumbled on this site

anyway as i say i'm getting a gtv for the wife, by no means new, not that rich, its a 1999 2.0ts in light green and i'm led to believe its a cloverleaf special edition, he says it's an import i think, any ideas??

one of the staff at a local alfa garage is selling it privatly, seems like a good deal, its 2 owners, 68k, janspeed exhaust, lusso spec, leather, air con etc and i've got it for 1400 which going by autotrader and ebay prices is very good, it has reciepts for new rear suspension, brakes etc, the only thing is it needs the cam belt changing which i will get done straight away

this will be my wifes first alfa, she's always liked the gtv, will be a change from her current peugeot 107!!

i've had an alfa in the past a 156 2l twin spark, got it with 76k on the clock and sold it with 99k on it, 4 miles after i traded it for a new ctr it blew up, cam belt snapped (ha ha ha!!)

great car, hopefully if she lets me borrow the gtv i can have a thrash about again

so hello and i hope i can get a bit of info off here regards the gtv
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
Re: hello there, newbie on board

hi big jim and welcome to AO if you look down the list of rooms there is a brera, gtv, spider room, full of guys who know more about these models than you can shake a stick at ... they are a very friendly bunch ... nice to have you on board
AO Platinum Member
County: -

Member car:

Hello and Welcome !!

Are you any relation to 'Big Bob' from Al Murray's Happy Hour

AO Platinum Member
County: Essex

Hello and welcome
Global Mod Team
County: British Columbia

Hi Jim welcome to AO.
Global Mod Team
County: Milano

Hi Jim, welcome to AO
Mark Alfa

Hello and welcome to AO Jim
(Post Link) post #8 of 8 Old 25-02-08 Thread Starter

Member car:

alfa 2.0ts gtv

yay, picked the gtv up today, had a little drive of it from sandbach to crewe before my wife nicked it off me, quite impressed, the stainless exhaust sounds sweet!!

took it straight to the valeters and gave it a once over 25 for a full clean and exterior polish, looks a totally different car, had the cloverleaf stickers taken off as they looked a bit daft in my opinion (gonna replace them with proper badges)

couple of niggles on it as can be expected on a 9 year old car, the stereo needs coding but its coming out anyway, got an alpine flip out screen/sat nav/dvd to go in the end of the week once i get a facia plate

the boot open light is lit all the time and i think its effecting the central locking, it has a toad alarm but no button on the key as my old 156 had, the key is not the master type either?? when you press the alarm button it sets fine it but doesn't always lock the car, i have to lock it using the key in both door locks individually and sometimes it takes a couple of turns of the key to lock, as if a door is not shut properly

the airbag light is lit but thats getting done this weekend as well as the cam belt and tensioners etc, also the sunroof seal is getting replaced

still got the car for a knock down price and once those little jobs are done it should be good as new hopefully

the previous owner left a raft of reciepts that he got from the owner before him that show he has had new brakes all round (disks and pads) 4000 miles ago and also the rear wishbones and pretty much all the rear suspension has been replaced 3000 miles ago (at a cost of 1200) so hopefully the major problem areas have been sorted already so we can enjoy a few miles of trouble free motoring

im really happy with it, as is the wife, much happier in it than her old peugeot 107!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself

board , newbie