I took delivery of my 159 (new) on the Saturday before Xmas, the following Thursday the brakes failed (after 402 miles on the clock, and most of that was motorway driving!).
Over the few days before said event, I noticed that the brake pedal was not springing back as 'normal' when released and gradually got worse. On the Thursday, I pressed the brake pedal, never for it to return to its rightful position! It remained on the floor with the brakes firmly locked, the only way to release the brakes was to put my foot underneath the pedal and pull it back up!
A little bird told me that 'a batch of 159's had this issue, but they thought they had fixed them all! (wrong!) Has anyone experienced this problem??
To cut a long story short, having brushed up on the sale of goods act (and spoken to trading standards who were excellent help), I rejected the car in writing as a starting point (I'm a second Alfa owner, a couple of years a go I had a 156, so was very much looking forward to the 159
They fixed the car (I was told it was a 'pin' problem behind the pedal, I was originally told that it could have needed a servo replacement!). I have decided to keep it (for now anyway!). Alfa UK/my local dealer have compensated me for the stress, loss of holiday time etc etc. which I am happy with.
Also during the 'down time' over Xmas (car was off the road for a week) Alfa gave me a hire car (Mondeo
) while things were getting sorted. Also, I did have a problem with the 'alleged' AA ownership that came with the car, when I rang them to get the car recovered they denied knowledge of my existence, it took the RAC (I was already a member) to get this sorted with the AA! (another 'medium length' story for another day).
Sorry for such a long hello post!