Another newbie on here!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 13-08-16 Thread Starter
County: -

Member car:

Italian cars

Thumbs Up Another newbie on here!!

Hello everybody!!

I am Antonio from Spain, I am a lover of the proper past Alfa Romeo, but also Fiat Group cars and Italian bike brands such as Tm Racing, Aprilia, Bimota...

Well, our family always had some Italian cars through the life, starting with the "Spanish" Seat's of the 70's such as the 124, 128, 131, 850 Spider...lately, my two brothers had a Lancia Prisma 1.6 i.e each one after having their driving many good memories from them. We also had another Lancia Prisma with the tough 1929 TD on the beginning of the XXI era..
Since that time, we didn't have any proper Italian car, but all started last year when my parent bought his first Alfa Romeo! Was a 146 1.7 16v wich was in very bad mechanical and body shape. We rebuilt the engine and gearbox and I took the task lately of repairing all dents and scratches and respray it!

Next, we catched one 155 that was so many time on the internet. It is the Sportiva version, with the 2.0 TS 16v engine. It had the engine damaged with two rods and cranks journal totally scuffed. We rebuilt the engine with donor parts from a CF2 2.0 TS 16v from a 156. The car is actually saved awaiting to a full overhaul, to assure realibility before it touches the road!!

The last one in home was a personal goal I had for some long time. It's a 146 Facelift TI 2.0 TS 16v, in general bad shape but with a good base to start with. Currently I'm collecting the firsts parts needed, such as phase variator, gaskets, termostat, keys, belts, etc... I think it's worth the save because of that lovely engine wich had a little injection improvements on the CF2 of 145/146's, the fact that this model is a bit underrated here and seems like they only sold 3 units here of the Facelift TI version!!

Hope I can learn as much as I can here and enjoy and share good Alfisti moments here!! I will try to open a progress thread of each one and keep it updated with the things I am doing, etc..

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1zz5dep.jpg (105.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 11jqceh.jpg (80.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 1zgz6le.jpg (176.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 2l91s75.jpg (87.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 2k21p0.jpg (144.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 2mn2ef6.jpg (113.5 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Antoniokodo; 13-08-16 at 22:57. Reason: IMG's added
Sponsored Links
Regional Representative
For South Central - AOSC
County: Hampshire

Member car:

159 2.0 JTDM Ti

Hi :hi:

Welcome to AO
County: Cork
Welcome to AO, great collection of Alfas you've had

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself