Hi all - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Introduce Yourself Again... No technical questions in here

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 31-07-16 Thread Starter

County: -waterford
Garage
Hi all

Hello all glad to be in your club,just short intro on myself,
IM 43 from south off ireland,been restoring and working on cars since i was 14,was a full time spray technican at the age off 16,restored an alfa 147 that had seen better days 2 years ago,and have now got the alfa bug,just restored a mr2 mk2 and a daihatsu charade detomaso,but kept longing for another alfa,so delighted that this week,bought a 1998 Alfa gtv 3.0 v6 24v with just 36k miles on the clock,car had been in dry storage for ten years,it originally came from northern ireland,but now on southern irish plates,i would call this car a gem,its already in showroom condition,but wont drive her untill all belts replaced,and a full service completed,including going up on lift to make sure everything perfect,cant wait to get her on road,but i will be patcient somehow,lol.
In past have restored showcar vintage ferrari,s plus most makes,but this alfa im keeping.
Cant wait to go through these forums,for all tips,hints,help on owning an alfa gtv.
Thanks for having me.

Robert,also known as JOCK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Lancashire
Welcome to AO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

County: Cork
Garage
Welcome to AO Robert & welcome back to Alfa ownership, congrats on your V6, sounds like you've found a good one

You'll find plenty of advice, info & help if you need it in the Tech Lounge http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...mp-916-spider/

Drop in & say hello to the locals when you get a chance http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/repub...on-thread.html (The Republic Of Ireland Owners Register & Introduction Thread) :IRISH:

Also we are heading down to Killarney in September if you are interested, more info here http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/repub...-4th-sept.html (AO Ireland - Killarney To The Healy Pass : 4th Sept)
AO Rosso Alfa Member

County: Northamptonshire
Garage
Hi and welcome :wave:
(Post Link) post #5 of 8 Old 01-08-16 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
Welcome to AO Robert & welcome back to Alfa ownership, congrats on your V6, sounds like you've found a good one

You'll find plenty of advice, info & help if you need it in the Tech Lounge Alfa GTV & 916 Spider - Alfa Romeo Forum

Drop in & say hello to the locals when you get a chance http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/repub...on-thread.html (The Republic Of Ireland Owners Register & Introduction Thread) :Irish:

Also we are heading down to Killarney in September if you are interested, more info here http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/repub...-4th-sept.html (AO Ireland - Killarney To The Healy Pass : 4th Sept)
thank you,i will put pictures up here on car,after i have fully polished,waxed it,im going to restore engine bay first,and will try make room to take a trip to killarney.
AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Interesting that you mention the Daihatsu Charade. That car was assembled in South Africa at the Alfa Romeo factory north of the capital city for two years in the 1985s.
(Post Link) post #7 of 8 Old 01-08-16 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorget2 View Post
Interesting that you mention the Daihatsu Charade. That car was assembled in South Africa at the Alfa Romeo factory north of the capital city for two years in the 1985s.
the one i had was a detomaso 1993 1.6, not 100 percent certain,but think was built for just jap market,italian Alejandro de Tomaso had a hand in the build,was a nice car,very rare but i needed room for the gtv,as still have the toyota mr2 mk2,wife was getn concerned about space i was taken up lol.
Regional Representative
For South Central - AOSC

County: Hampshire
Garage
Hi :hi:

Welcome to AO

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Newbie Area > Introduce Yourself