159 Blue&Me and iPhone - Mountonus & St Leonards Motors thanks - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 03-03-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Oxfordshire
Garage
159 Blue&Me and iPhone - Mountonus & St Leonards Motors thanks

Second post from a newbie, hope the title is simple enough for those of you searching Blue&Me/iPhone 'issues'.

Picked up my 159 two days ago (a January 2010 model - not sure what version of B&M it's running at the moment) and my iPhone (3G - I know, old hat now!) paired with B&M straight away; works a treat, apart from playing media files through it...and, up until this evening, there was nowhere to place the iPhone so I could use its (TomTom) SatNav.

Ordered a Blue&Me adaptor from stleonardsmotors on eBay yesterday at 12:40 and a Proclip system from Mountonus a few minutes later...and my orders were on my doorstep when I got home today. Needless to say, the Proclip has been installed and the Blue&Me adaptor tested; both are working beautifully!

Although I knew (via this forum) that a Blue&Me adaptor would be needed to get my iPhone working properly, was gutted to have to buy one yesterday, but my sorrow is now far behind me thanks to stleonardsmotors.

As for the Proclip; again, fantastic and swift service from Mountonus; what a simple device to install, even for a cack-handed fool like me. Claims of 15 minutes by others to install the Proclip (I've opted for a side-of-the-centre-consule mount) may be slightly exaggerated; I'd say it takes 20!!! Such a simple item, and to be fair, I didn't even need to use the 'gap opener' which was supplied with the mount...that worried me, but fortunately, the part of the mount that actually sits behind the centre console is SO thin, this can 'prise' itself in between the 'control panel and surrounding frame' as the instructions state.

Would post a photo, but it's dark now!!! ;-)

For those of you concerned (like I was) about phone mounts and coughing up money so you can play Apple media through Blue&Me; these are just my findings...well worth it.

Oxfordshire-based silver 159 ti Sportwagon owner.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > ICE & Blue&Me

Tags
159 , blueandme , iphone , leonards , motors , mountonus

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page