Mito and iPod Touch/iPhone - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Home Forums AO Club Member Gallery Classifieds Trade Directory  

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > ICE & Blue&Me

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (Post Link)  
Old 08-08-09
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

Giulietta 170 Veloce

Mito and iPod Touch/iPhone

Was interested to see how you're all connecting up your iPhone/Touch to your Mito for those who don't have Blue&Me.

Would be interested in getting some sort of kit for holding my iPod Touch so I can easily see and get access to it from the drivers seat. I haven't had my Mito yet, so don't know the exact layout of things like the 3.5mm jack and cigarette adapter port.

Let me know how you all have this set up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (Post Link)  
Old 08-08-09
AO Member

County: Derbyshire

Member car:

mito 1.4tb 120 bhp

just plug the ipod into windows media socket with your usb connecter and you can see whats on your ipod and choose what to listen to on the dashboard display so no need to fiddle about with the ipod once driving
  #3 (Post Link)  
Old 08-08-09
Bootsock

I believe he said without Blue & Me, which means no Windows Media / USB connection...

Sorry, mitoingray, wish I could help more, I have a Lusso for the time being, but I can't stand Apple products due to their insistence that you use that god aweful iTunes to use them as Apple intended, however on the Lusso, there isn't any 3.5mm jack or visible aux-in, although if you search the forums there have been other mentions of there being possible connectivity options on the back of the head unit, but of course you may have to go delving in the dash or take the radio out to uncover this.
  #4 (Post Link)  
Old 08-08-09
Nev

How about sharing/posting some of these threads in the ICE and B&M lounge so we can
all profit from them?
  #5 (Post Link)  
Old 08-08-09
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

Giulietta 170 Veloce

Originally Posted by Bootsock View Post
I believe he said without Blue & Me, which means no Windows Media / USB connection...

Sorry, mitoingray, wish I could help more, I have a Lusso for the time being, but I can't stand Apple products due to their insistence that you use that god aweful iTunes to use them as Apple intended, however on the Lusso, there isn't any 3.5mm jack or visible aux-in, although if you search the forums there have been other mentions of there being possible connectivity options on the back of the head unit, but of course you may have to go delving in the dash or take the radio out to uncover this.
Ohhhh...I thought when it said Radio/CD player with mp3 reader it actually meant 3.5mm jack - I didn't think it meant a CD player that plays back mp3s recorded on a CD. Not too disappointed, but it means I'll need to get an FM transmitter using cigarette power adapter - I don't remember exactly where it is, but I hope that's in a sensible place!
  #6 (Post Link)  
Old 08-08-09
Bootsock

Originally Posted by Nev View Post
How about sharing/posting some of these threads in the ICE and B&M lounge so we can
all profit from them?
I'd say the same and move it if I could! (Admin?!)

Originally Posted by mitoingray View Post
Ohhhh...I thought when it said Radio/CD player with mp3 reader it actually meant 3.5mm jack - I didn't think it meant a CD player that plays back mp3s recorded on a CD. Not too disappointed, but it means I'll need to get an FM transmitter using cigarette power adapter - I don't remember exactly where it is, but I hope that's in a sensible place!
Yes, that's just what it is, a CD player which plays mp3s. The power point is between the gear stick and the DNA switch, although if your transmitter has a reasonable range, there is another power socket on the left of the boot, so you could possibly hide one in there and leave the cabin free of clutter...
  #7 (Post Link)  
Old 11-08-09
AO Silver Member

County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

Not An Alfa Boo Hoo!!!

See my comments on the ICE lounge.
  #8 (Post Link)  
Old 11-08-09
Nev

If you're going the FM transmitter way, get one that you
can plug into the HU antenna socket.

These work better than the Belkin iTrip style ones.

I have a kenwood KOS-A200 and a quick google shows
this has now dropped in price due to a newer KOS A210 which has
Bluetooth capabilities.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > ICE & Blue&Me

Tags
ipod, mito, touch or iphone

Recently 'Read'
No History to show

Useful Links
Lost Password?
AO Merchandise
FAQs
Register

External Links
2005 Alfa 156 2.4...
Alfa-CF2-V6-Plenum-C...
Alfa-CF3-V6-Plenum-C...
Kleber Quadraxer...
Alfa Romeo 156...

Alfa Romeo

Recent Image

View Tas1308's images

Search

Forums

Classifieds

Gallery

Social Groups

Members

Did you know..?
Did you know..?
Clicking on a members username within a forum post displays extra options.

New To Site? Need Help?