Good track day experience? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
General Motoring Discussion A place to discuss motoring related topics - except those relating to Alfa Romeo.

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 03-01-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Porsche Cayman S

Good track day experience?

I am buying a track day for my Dad for his birthday. I'm pretty flexible on cars and location (although ideally down South as he lives in London).

Can anyone recommend a track day package that is good value for money? I recognise that pretty much any track day is a rip off in that you pay a lot of money for a very limited amount of time driving. However, I was hoping some people could speak from personal experience of track days they have enjoyed?

Many thanks,
Toby
  3 Latest Threads by True Gaucho
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Bye bye 159 TBi - I will miss you! Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider True Gaucho 9 675 25-06-14 22:24
Aluminium oil filler cap for sale Tuning & Upgrades twincamms 15 892 23-06-14 21:00
159 1750 TBi - service question Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider Malheus 20 954 27-05-14 19:47
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 3 Old 03-01-12
AO Gold Member

Member car:

6C 2500

I've done a couple of the experiences at Thruxton in the past. Not cheap, but a good choice of supercars.

I've also done a circuit and rally drive at Brands, and circuit at Snetterton, but this was in the days before MSV took over, so can't comment on how they are now.
  (Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 06-01-12
AO Silver Member

Bear in mind that track driving is pretty demanding, requiring a lot of concentration, a few 15-20 min slots per session (i.e. afternoon or morning) will be plenty.

I've done a few Club MSV sessions in my Brera and really enjoyed it. Not done one where you drive their cars but know people who've done something special like a Fezza or Aston and they've loved it.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > General Motoring Discussion

Tags
day , experience , good , track

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page