Partial List of Prohibited Items
Many laws, regulations and policies, in a variety of jurisdictions, regulate goods and services that may be bought and sold. For your convenience, we have prepared a list of some of the types of prohibited and restricted items that may not be advertised on
Alfaowner Classifieds. Please note that this list is not intended to be a complete list of prohibited items and you are responsible for conducting any additional research required to determine whether your item may be listed on
Alfaowner Classifieds. Policies about listing items are often based on Federal, state and municipal laws. However, many restrictions listed below may involve the sale of dangerous or sensitive items that are not appropriate for listing on
Alfaowner Classifieds but are not necessarily prohibited by law.
Before you list your item, you need to find out if your item is allowed on the
Alfaowner Classifieds and if the type of item is subject to certain restrictions to avoid potential issues with your listing.
Violations of these policies may result in a range of actions, including without limitation:
- Listing cancellation;
- Limits on account privileges;
- Account suspension or termination; and
- Forfeit of Alfaowner Classifieds fees on cancelled listings.
Partial list of items that may not be advertised for sale on Alfaowner Classifieds:
- Obscene material or child pornography.
- Weapons and related items, including without limitation, firearms, disguised, undetectable or switchblade knives, martial arts weapons, scopes, silencers, ammunition, ammunition magazines, BB guns, tear gas, stun guns, paintball guns, or airsoft guns.
- Fireworks, including without limitation, "safe and sane" fireworks or any destructive devices or explosives.
- Controlled substances or illegal drugs, or substances and items used to manufacture controlled substances and drug paraphernalia.
- Alcohol or tobacco products.
- Nonprescription drugs, Prescription drugs and medical devices, including but not limited to prescription eyeglasses, prescription contact lenses, defibrillators, hypodermic needles or hearing aids.
- Blood, bodily fluids or body parts.
- Animals prohibited for sale under applicable laws.
- Animal parts, blood, or fluids, including without limitation, stud/breeding services.
- Restricted or regulated plants and insects, including without limitation, limited to noxious weeds, endangered plant species, or live insects or pests.
- Pesticides or hazardous substances, or items containing hazardous substances, including without limitation, contaminated toys, or art or craft material containing toxic substances without a warning label.
- Illegal telecommunications equipment, including without limitation, access cards, password sniffers, access card programmers and unloopers, or cable descramblers
- Stolen property, or property with serial number removed or altered.
- Recalled items.
- Burglary tools, including without limitation, lock-picks or motor vehicle master keys
- False identification cards, items with police insignia, citizenship documents or birth certificates.
- Counterfeit currency, coins and stamps, tickets, as well as equipment designed to make them.
- Counterfeit, replica, or knock-off brand name goods.
- Material that infringes copyrights, trademarks or other third party rights, including without limitation, software or other digital goods you are not authorized to sell, warez, or bootlegs (without consent of the band).
- Airline tickets that restrict transfer, and tickets of any kind which you are not authorized to sell.
- Gambling items, including without limitation, lottery tickets, sports trading card 'grab bags', raffle tickets, sweepstakes entries or slot machines.
- Used or rebuilt batteries, or batteries containing mercury.
- Used bedding and clothing, unless sanitized in accordance with law.
- Any food items.
- Bulk email or mailing lists that contain names, addresses, phone numbers, or other personal identifying information.