Polite notice - Please stop, you know who you are! - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Announcements & Comments A lounge for staff announcements.
If we have ideas, requests or something to tell you, it will go in here.

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
Re: Polite notice - Please stop, you know who you are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev View Post
If you went to a BNP rally and asked the same
question I'm sure you'd get similar results.
They have a Jewish councillor now, a lady called Jean Richardson. I'm sure you are mistaking them for the NF...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Artboy

Americans and America as a nation, are and is, by definition big enough, and ugly enough to deal with a bit of p*ss taking. Thats all i'm saying, p*ss taking which isn't based on persecution or elthnic cleansing, or colour of their skin. I never ever stick up for English people when people sl@g off certain elements, football holigans chav's etc, so why should Americans be bothered, there too busy f**king up Iraq so they can a) re build it with american building companies (money money money) b) gain oil reserves and control them c) give Iraq a functioning democracy (yeah right try telling that to the afro americans living in gettos just yards from white house, or the people of new orleans) American needs abuse for gods sake..

happy man

so the people on this forum that probably don't agree with America's domstic and international policies and have asked the powers that be here to Stop Amercia bashers like you ABUSING them because they need it are out of order

I know this country isn't perfect but it doesn't stop me from being patriotic nor should anybody from any country be boo hooed for patriotism.

Americans NEED ABUSING What are you on

AO Member

Member car:

156 Veloce

Get over it, there may be elements of truth in all this conspiracy tirade but the fact is Sadam was a c0ck and deserved all he got. The Americans (and us) would be outa there by now if extreme elements weren't hell bent on killing each other, if there's a problem, it was with the planning of the war, ie not much thought on the aftermath. There are far worse countries to waste your time ranting about.
IMHO
Artboy

Must quickly add that America didn't seem to mind Saddam's Regime 25-30 years ago, oh in fact they and us made pots of cash selling him weapons....

Global Mod Team

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA SW

Once again, I strongly disagree with the suggestion that because they're 'big and tough' it's OK to be massively offensive towards someone.
happy man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artboy View Post
Must quickly add that America didn't seem to mind Saddam's Regime 25-30 years ago, oh in fact they and us made pots of cash selling him weapons....
What's that got to do with abusing Americans because they need it

AO Silver Member

County: -

Quote:
Yep...no denying it...and some (miguided souls) supported the IRA and Bin Liner, I think there may be a pattern emerging
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy man View Post
What's that got to do with abusing Americans because they need it
To be fair, Artboy was bringing that up only because the previous respondent, Harry1 tried to justify the Iraq war because saddam was "a c0ck".

But I still do not agree with abusing Americans purely on the basis that they are American. That is no different than abusing someone purely because they are black, purely because they are retarded, purely because they are ugly, etc etc. Its all really bad form.
AO Member

Member car:

156 Veloce

Quote:
To be fair, Artboy was bringing that up only because the previous respondent, Harry1 tried to justify the Iraq war because saddam was "a c0ck".
Heh heh, yeah a pretty feeble reason I admit! I probably don't know as much as I should but I just get fed up sometimes with the constant American bashing

ps, I'm not American
happy man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pud237 View Post
:

But I still do not agree with abusing Americans purely on the basis that they are American. That is no different than abusing someone purely because they are black, purely because they are retarded, purely because they are ugly, etc etc. Its all really bad form.
Exactly my point.
And the forum rule on this is

Rule Number one be NICE

Abuse for abuses sake should not and is not tolerated here and I for one am glad it's not.

Wether the group NEED abuse or not

Global Mod Team

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA SW

Apart from the Gingers of course
happy man

The good old "I thrashed the Cup this weekend like a redheaded step child" eh

VO2Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Teufel View Post
and the bicycle riders...
Watch it!

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 59
County: Memphis
Garage

Member car:

A galleon

Ian - read your first text - then jumped to the end...

can I assume that the naughty person has been contacted to ensure that they do know who they are?

assuming it wasn't me? and a
AO Silver Member

County: -

We should all be careful how we generalise. But I must say that this forum is one of the best moderated and least offensive that I've seen. If you care to look at HYS forums on the BBC or worse MSN then you'll see what being distasteful and insulting to others is all about.

America at the moment is coming under intense criticism mostly because of it's actions following 9/11. I myself (a great lover of nearly all things American) find myself wincing at some of the policy decisions and actions of the present administration (to say nothing of what I think of our own). But what we must never forget is the overiding benevolence and sheer magnanimity of America throughout most of it's short history. can you imagine what the Far east and Europe would be like if Japan and Germany had won WW11?

"The Drivel Devil'

"On a scale of one to ten, with ten being a sensitive, new-age man and one being a chimp throwing faeces, I'd put you more towards the monkey axis"

- Lips
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa 33 1.7 QV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
But what we must never forget is the overiding benevolence and sheer magnanimity of America throughout most of it's short history. can you imagine what the Far east and Europe would be like if Japan and Germany had won WW11?
No one should forget. The problem is that the US today is completely unrecognizable to the one that you've reflected upon.......unfortunately
Global Mod Team

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA SW

I think even more to the point Will is that to judge all the people of a country by the policies of their government is pretty ludicrous.
Disagree with the policies, fine. Hate the government which put them in place, fine. Hate the people who live in that country, unjustified.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa 33 1.7 QV

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza View Post
Disagree with the policies, fine. Hate the government which put them in place, fine.
The majority of Americans supported the war in Iraq(even democrats) at the start(and the "successful" - "All major combat operations have finished" - GWB speech) .
So i wouldn't put the blame just on the administration only. All the mechanisms were working in order to justify an invasion. FBI, CIA, the American media(public service), general ignorance, post 911 war mentality-which is totally understandable) etc.

If the war was going "well" for the US then even the democrats today would have kept quiet and everything would have been peachy, the media...... - well they don't report anything anyways, the population would continue to be ignorant etc...

I've met a couple of yanks.....i wasn't very impressed at all. Would i use this personal experience to formulate my general opinion on American people? No of course not....but a lot of people do.. especially when they become "collateral damage" to a US interest.
Artboy

Just to get back to the point, and to why i added my views many posts ago. The fact remains this thread began because of a slight ribbing of America/Americans. Now i still think it's over the top to stop anyone being able to have opinions on Americans. If someone generalizes England and says we are all chavs, hooligans, and underage mums, then because i know i'm not it dosent bother me, if i was any of these things i'd be offended...well good thats the point. If i say Americans are Fat bigoted warmongering a**holes then all the ones that are get there insult, most Americans hate those Americans anyway.. deal with it.

AO Member

Member car:

GTV

Quote:
can you imagine what the Far east and Europe would be like if Japan and Germany had won WW11?

I think we'd be better off
Global Mod Team

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA SW

Quote:
Just to get back to the point, and to why i added my views many posts ago. The fact remains this thread began because of a slight ribbing of America/Americans. Now i still think it's over the top to stop anyone being able to have opinions on Americans. If someone generalizes England and says we are all chavs, hooligans, and underage mums, then because i know i'm not it dosent bother me, if i was any of these things i'd be offended...well good thats the point. If i say Americans are Fat bigoted warmongering a**holes then all the ones that are get there insult, most Americans hate those Americans anyway.. deal with it.
So if I call you a ****, and you're not a ****, I haven't just insulted you?

You're strange.

By your logic, I actually can generalise about whoever I like, and hey, I'm not being racist because if what I say isn't true about some of those people then I'm clearly not talking about them.

All Irish people are thick. Buy hey, all you Irish people who aren't thick, just remember - I haven't stereotyped you, and I haven't just insulted all Irish people, because if you're NOT thick, then it clearly doesn't apply to you.

Utter rot.

Once again, if you want to say you hate Fat bigoted warmongering a**holes it's very easy. Try typing this sentence:

"I hate Fat bigoted warmongering a**holes"

If you type this sentence:
"I hate Americans, because they are all Fat bigoted warmongering a**holes"
Then regardless of your protestations, you HAVE called all Americans Fat bigoted warmongering a**holes, you HAVE generalised about them and made a statement about ALL Americans based on the presumably few you've met, you HAVE acted insultingly towards them, and you ARE being bigotted, and to be perfectly blunt: racist.

It really isn't hard to understand.
Specific about someone/thing you have a reasonable greivance about - sometimes OK (clearly depends on circumstance)

General, about an entire country/culture/race based on little to no evidence - bigotry

Seen an offensive/spam post? Report it! Click the or button next to the post.
AO Rules - AO Gallery - AO Classified adverts - AO Club - AO Traders

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

I Nomes & Gibbo

"You know, sometimes the world seems like a pretty mean place."
"That's why animals are so soft and huggy."
- Calvin and Hobbes

To err is human, to moderate ursine.
Artboy

Still think Americans are a**holes though........

happy man

What all of them and they NEED abusing by you

You need some time in the quiet room

AO Platinum Member

County: South Lanarkshire

Quote:
But what we must never forget is the overiding benevolence and sheer magnanimity of America throughout most of it's short history.
America has mostly been isolationist or imperial (using that term loosely here). They didn't come into WWII until their hand was forced and the rest of the time they throw their weight around - a lot of that in clandestine operations too. Sorry - their foreign policy over their short history stinks; they can't seem to get the balance right.

Having said that slagging them all because of this is just plain stupid.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Announcements & Comments

Tags
notice , polite , stop