AO Insurance policy - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Announcements & Comments A lounge for staff announcements.
If we have ideas, requests or something to tell you, it will go in here.

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 17
County: West Yorkshire
Garage
Re: AO Insurance policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Slegg View Post

Dan; if you read this you might be interested to know that I had a go of using AF's 'On-line' Quote over this weekend. I got a message saying that AF would get back to me but I've received nothing by e-mail; the quote I did get was when I phoned AF up just after lunch and got one via the phone.
Kevin have you 'fettled' your 156? If not you could find that they don;t necessarily stack up.

With ALL my modifications declared AF were roughly 4-500 cheaper than anybody else (did all the usual searches, moneysupermarket, autotrader thing, etc.), it's with modified motors that they really shine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostyDog View Post
Kevin have you 'fettled' your 156? If not you could find that they don;t necessarily stack up.
No - its bog standard; but I'm sure I had my Spitfire insured with them - and that was heavily modified (TR6 engine etc) - so you're probably right - they shine on nmodified cars
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
I've just had a go as my insurance is up at the end of this month.

The renewal from my current insurers was 459.

AF quoted 471; the highest I got was 573.

I've got a number of various quotes from More Than but the cheapest I got was doing it on line which was 374.51; the next being Hastings Direct at 387.27 "if I take it out today".

However Chris Knott (my current brokers) reckon they can get it for 10% less than my lowest quote - unfortunately by the time I could get back to them their office had closed - so we'll see if that's true tomorrow

Dan; if you read this you might be interested to know that I had a go of using AF's 'On-line' Quote over this weekend. I got a message saying that AF would get back to me but I've received nothing by e-mail; the quote I did get was when I phoned AF up just after lunch and got one via the phone.
Yehp Chris Knott has just come up with 341.99
AO Silver Member

County: Wiltshire

Does appear that the AF online quote is not the greatest, I phoned them up out of interest and managed to get a much better quote than the online one and it included all my mods, currently £120 cheaper than my existing insurer, still a lot for a JTD and reckon I should be able to get it under £500 despite my convictions, I feel a weekend of phonecalls coming.
AO Platinum Member

County: -
Thumbs Up Re: AO Insurance policy

Just got a great deal with AF.

After quoting a very high price online, I spoke to someone sensible.

I'm now on a 'cherished' policy for the Spider with limited miles. My existing 2 years NCB will be held with them and frozen (bear in mind I have 7 years on my 159 policy on another insurer!), my excess is 100 and I've included the 'platinum' breakdown cover (just in case ) all for just over 500....

Ok, so you may think that's a lot, but my encumbent supplier wanted 947!!!! Other quotes I had were reaching the grand mark!!!

Some insurers just wouldn't touch the car, only 2 years NCB, or an agreed mileage.

So I'm a happy camper, but 500 lighter....

-Keep It Moist-
I'm experiencing deja vu and amnesia at the same time... I think I've forgotten this before.
145 QV->156 1.8->166 3.0->156SW 2.4->166 3.0 V6->156 2.4 20v->2.0Spider->159 2.4->159 2.4->159 TI 2.4 Modifica->Merc C-Class->Jag XJ->Boxster S->BMW 330d XD Msport Plus Performance

AO Silver Member

County: Wiltshire

Good stuff, did you try Chris knott straight off the bat they said they will better any quote by 10% with written confirmation of your best quote? As it was without even seeing AF quote they could better it by £100, new target for me is sub £400
AO Platinum Member

Hmmm..well the plot thickens.

After speaking to AF yesterday and getting quoted 471 at about 11am today I received an e-mail from the giving a guide price of 375!!! The e-mail said to phone them for confirmation as they might be able to offer further discounts - so I did.

Spoke to a chap who asked if I belonged to any owners clubs - so I said I don't belong to AROC but was a registered user of this Forum - however, he said that didn;t count towards any discounts

So I read him AO's first post about it - but he merely said that didn't confirm any dicounts for members of this Forum.

So I said that he should really speak to Dan Clark as everything that been written to date about this suggests you do get a discount. He recognised the name and said he would speak to him and phone me back - but nothing heard to date (although I'm not sure they've got my office number).

Into The Unknown

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 17
County: West Yorkshire
Garage

your probably best speaking to Dan Clark if he's the broker in charge of club discounts.
AO Traders

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Alfa

Quote:
Hmmm..well the plot thickens.

After speaking to AF yesterday and getting quoted 471 at about 11am today I received an e-mail from the giving a guide price of 375!!! The e-mail said to phone them for confirmation as they might be able to offer further discounts - so I did.

Spoke to a chap who asked if I belonged to any owners clubs - so I said I don't belong to AROC but was a registered user of this Forum - however, he said that didn;t count towards any discounts

So I read him AO's first post about it - but he merely said that didn't confirm any dicounts for members of this Forum.

So I said that he should really speak to Dan Clark as everything that been written to date about this suggests you do get a discount. He recognised the name and said he would speak to him and phone me back - but nothing heard to date (although I'm not sure they've got my office number).

Hello

You definately should get a discount of some kind as your are a AOC Forum member. If you would like to pager me your name and number I will ask someone to contact you with the discount.

Thanks
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Clark View Post
Hello

You definately should get a discount of some kind as your are a AOC Forum member. If you would like to pager me your name and number I will ask someone to contact you with the discount.

Thanks
Just paged you
AO Platinum Member

Well to keep everbody 'in the picture' for comparison purposes AF has just come back with a revised quote of 340.00 allbeit with an excess of 300.

So I've asked for the details to be sent to me so I can compare it with the Christopher Knox insurance.

AO Member

insurance was up yeasterday had a quote from my current insurers zurich for 1700 which was reduced to 1200 when i laughed down teh phone an said no thanks, got a quote a wee while ago from AF but it was around 1100 and eventually got an online policy with direct line for 960 which they reduced to 940 when i made the guy laugh by tellin them about zurichs renewal quote
Admin Team

County: -

Member car:

Not a GT

Hello.
Do I have to insure an Alfa Romeo on this scheme or can it be any car?

AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobda View Post
Hello.
Do I have to insure an Alfa Romeo on this scheme or can it be any car?

I believe they insure any cars - except Volvos
AO Member

I have existing policies with AF for both my Spider and MGB, but they weren't through the AO scheme.
GFK
AO Member

County: Berkshire

Your quote for my 166 2 litre was much higher than Esure's. Clean licence 9 years NCD.
AO Member

Hi I'm a new member today, and this will be my first post I have just ordered a new 159 JTD Lusso so I hope to be here a lot in the future. I just wanted to give my impressions of Adrian Flux I supply tuning units for turbo diesels ( I'm a PSI Motorsport dealer). I provide a link to them (Adrian Flux) via my website for my customers and the feedback has been fantastic with a lot of comments about good customer service and prices.
AO Member

I've used Flux over the years for my cars and they've always been pretty competative e.g £170 for the Porsche when others quoted over £1k! To be honest I've used Elephant for the Alfa as they were the cheapest but my 78 VW Cab is with them at £140 which seems a pretty good deal.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Announcements & Comments

Tags
insurance , policy