A Forum just for videos - IN PRODUCTION - but on hold - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Announcements & Comments A lounge for staff announcements.
If we have ideas, requests or something to tell you, it will go in here.

Global Mod Team

County: Milano
Garage
Re: A Forum just for videos - IN PRODUCTION

@A Romeo: why not upload it into YouTube or Photobucket and post the link on AO?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: Kent

Member car:

1993 Alfa 155 Q4

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Romeo
Excellent! I just bought a bullet cam and tested it on the bella the other day... I was wondering about the best way to share it (rather big file!)... can't wait for some video-sharing action on AO!

Im looking to get one of these too, which one have you got and the quality is good?
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa GT 1.9 JTDm

BigFoot. You are right. i think however it would be good to have a section o the forum, or a template to submit them in, so they are easier to find and know where/ what to look for. Otherwise the link just looks like a link.

AlfaJack. Not sure the one I bought is particularly good... it's 420 TV lines, supposedly with a Sony CCD, and bought from a shop in Tottenham Court Road... for not a very good price... but once I had it in front of me, the impulsive buyer took over...
Better ones have 480 and 520 lines of res.
Quality: not particularly good if you are used to a digital camera (gets 'excited' at priomary colours and is not very good at colour variations, expecially in low light). Also, ir depends what you record with. i use an Archos AV500 mpeg4 recorder, which therefore limits the quality of the digital file to the mpeg4 format. If you used your normal digital cam as the recorder, then the quality would be much higher as not compressed. Having said all that, the prospect of being able to record handsfree (I ended up not recording anything last winter being scared to smash the video camera) makes the so-so quality videso quite good!
If you search for 'helmetcam' on google, there are a few UK companies that sell them. Otherwise VioSport (ships to UK) has quite a professional feel to it, from looking at the site.
What are you planning to use it for?

anything that moves using more than 4 legs, flies and is not a bird and/or is too small to be turned into a burger, should be vacuumed.

RIP: Alfa 145 1.6 Junior (Bella), Alfa 145 1.9 TD (Bianca), Alfa 145 1.9 TD (no name...), Alfa 147 1.6 (Camilla), Alfa 147 1.6 (no name...), Alfa 147 1.9 JTD (Contessa)
AO Gold Member

County: Kent

Member car:

1993 Alfa 155 Q4

Cheers A_Romeo, Yes I was thinking of going for a 480 or 520 line sony camera and then buying a cheapo digi camcorded with a video input.
I will be using it to make some vids of the car and possibly trackday footage - mouting it discretely

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Announcements & Comments

Tags
forum , hold , production , videos