Missing QV - HOAX BUG - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Announcements & Comments A lounge for staff announcements.
If we have ideas, requests or something to tell you, it will go in here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
(Post Link) post #1 of 29 Old 21-07-06 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
rustyQV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,058

Member car:

33 156 164

Missing QV - HOAX BUG

Dear AO,

Dear sweet, tender, kind, gentle and understanding AO.

I wish to report a theft. Somebody has taken my QVs, and replaced them with a nasty QfA... I'd really like them back please. Actually, just one would do, just a sweet single gentle Alfa QV....

If you can't fix it for me, I'll have to ask Jim....

Yours in hope of a considerate response

RustyQV
rustyQV is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,758

Member car:

1973 Spider 2000

Re: Missing QV



Sorry rusty, that should be a as we join you in mourning the loss of you green clovers. Many of us have felt as you now do. We bemoaned the loss of those bright, green leaves. Sadly once they are gone, they cannot be replaced. RIP rustyQV's QVs.
--Toronto
Toronto Spider is offline  
Ant
Status: Always hopeful yet discontent.
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
Ant's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 92
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Somewhere far beyond...
Posts: 38,299

Member car:

2014 Honda CR-V

Re: Missing QV

You should have seen Green Cloverleaf's pain and sorrow when he reached his 1,000th. post...

That was a riot!!
Ant is offline  
(Post Link) post #4 of 29 Old 22-07-06 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
rustyQV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,058

Member car:

33 156 164

Re: Missing QV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant
You should have seen Green Cloverleaf's pain and sorrow when he reached his 1,000th. post...

That was a riot!!
He cannot be remotely as sorrowful as I, and I mean it's not like I'm looking for a special one with ruststreaks or anything !
rustyQV is offline  
(Post Link) post #5 of 29 Old 22-07-06 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
rustyQV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,058

Member car:

33 156 164

Re: Missing QV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto Spider


Sorry rusty, that should be a as we join you in mourning the loss of you green clovers. Many of us have felt as you now do. We bemoaned the loss of those bright, green leaves. Sadly once they are gone, they cannot be replaced. RIP rustyQV's QVs.
--Toronto
Thanks Toronto - this is a sad day indeed. I take it this means I need to be Bjorn again to get my clovers back.... <grrrr>

Then again, perhaps the all-seeing and forgiving AO will have mercy on me ??
rustyQV is offline  
(Post Link) post #6 of 29 Old 22-07-06 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
rustyQV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,058

Member car:

33 156 164

Re: Missing QV

I'm saving my petition to the European Court of Human Rights on grounds of anti-greenery, until I see AOs reply...
rustyQV is offline  
Ant
Status: Always hopeful yet discontent.
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
Ant's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 92
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Somewhere far beyond...
Posts: 38,299

Member car:

2014 Honda CR-V

Re: Missing QV

Or you could also write to Greenpeace...

Maybe a moderator can lock up your post count at 999 posts...
Ant is offline  
(Post Link) post #8 of 29 Old 23-07-06 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
rustyQV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,058

Member car:

33 156 164

Re: Missing QV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant
Or you could also write to Greenpeace...

Maybe a moderator can lock up your post count at 999 posts...
Hey, yeah, that'd be cool !!! How about it mods ? Hear my plea

...anyone got Gareth Pierce's phone number ? Free the 5 QVs !
rustyQV is offline  
Status: -
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
Club Member Number: 1561
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Netherlands
County: -
Posts: 12,865
Images: 305

Member car:

busso powered

Re: Missing QV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyQV
Hey, yeah, that'd be cool !!! How about it mods ? Hear my plea

...anyone got Gareth Pierce's phone number ? Free the 5 QVs !
It is no problem to lock up your post count.

All I have to do is:
  • set the counter to 999
  • suspend your account

But I don't have the feeling that is what you had in mind.
selespeed is offline  
(Post Link) post #10 of 29 Old 24-07-06 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
rustyQV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,058

Member car:

33 156 164

Re: Missing QV

Quote:
Originally Posted by selespeed
It is no problem to lock up your post count.

All I have to do is:
  • set the counter to 999
  • suspend your account

But I don't have the feeling that is what you had in mind.
Thanks Selespeed, can you do a) and not b) - leave it forever at 999 ? That'd be brilliant....
rustyQV is offline  
Ant
Status: Always hopeful yet discontent.
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
Ant's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 92
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Somewhere far beyond...
Posts: 38,299

Member car:

2014 Honda CR-V

Re: Missing QV

So you want to make an omelette but don't want to break the eggs...
Ant is offline  
(Post Link) post #12 of 29 Old 24-07-06 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
rustyQV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,058

Member car:

33 156 164

Re: Missing QV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant
So you want to make an omelette but don't want to break the eggs...
No, I want to eat the omelette I've made, and not throw it out just because it's au poivre vert !
rustyQV is offline  
(Post Link) post #13 of 29 Old 25-07-06 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
rustyQV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,058

Member car:

33 156 164

Re: Missing QV

Right lads, I'm sure I should wait wodges longer for one, but given the immediacy of E, and the lack of response or explanation to my request, I think I'll stop proceedings at this juncture.

It's been great fun being here, and thanks for all the crack from Ant, and Toronto, and Zuul, and Lynn, and the Sleggs, and HarleyRiv, and anyone else who's dissected my posts.

I haven't seen a better sysop memo since Slartibartfast's admonition; "late, as in the late Arthur Dent", nor in my years, one that so vehemently took me back to Zachmann and the "affaire Barkto" on Canopus....

That being the case, and to avoid further effrontery or emphatic posting, "I'll love yes and leave yes"...

Best to all, thanks for all the help, esp on the fix for the aircon in the 164...for the moment I'll revert to being an AO QV lurker, but look out for RustyQVti some time down the road...

Thanks.....

E
rustyQV is offline  
Status: Back in V6-land!
AO Silver Member
 
Ronald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Kent
Posts: 3,336
Images: 30

Member car:

Not an Alfa

Re: Missing QV

Ah, well, there's no pleasing some people. is there?
Ronald is offline  
Status: No more guiletta... Auctioned off
Founder of AO
 
alfaowner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: United Kingdom
County: Essex
Posts: 8,044
Images: 83

Member car:

Maserati GTS

Re: Missing QV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyQV
Right lads, I'm sure I should wait wodges longer for one, but given the immediacy of E, and the lack of response or explanation to my request, I think I'll stop proceedings at this juncture.

It's been great fun being here, and thanks for all the crack from Ant, and Toronto, and Zuul, and Lynn, and the Sleggs, and HarleyRiv, and anyone else who's dissected my posts.

I haven't seen a better sysop memo since Slartibartfast's admonition; "late, as in the late Arthur Dent", nor in my years, one that so vehemently took me back to Zachmann and the "affaire Barkto" on Canopus....

That being the case, and to avoid further effrontery or emphatic posting, "I'll love yes and leave yes"...

Best to all, thanks for all the help, esp on the fix for the aircon in the 164...for the moment I'll revert to being an AO QV lurker, but look out for RustyQVti some time down the road...

Thanks.....

E
Did you abandon your account because of green cloverleafs or was there something/someone else bothering you?
alfaowner is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
Kevin Slegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Surrey
Posts: 15,291
Re: Missing QV - HOAX BUG

Bloomin 'eck; I was thinking that I hadn't seen Rusty on line or any posts by him for a little while

Rusty - Silver Cloverleafs are quite nice - honest
Kevin Slegg is offline  
wrinx
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Missing QV - HOAX BUG

Bit silly really...this can't be the real reason...surely

wrinx
 
Status: Housebuilder, slowly.
AO Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: United Kingdom
County: Anglesey
Posts: 1,577
Re: Missing QV - HOAX BUG

I wasn't on here for a few months, but not because anyone or anything upset me, I was just too busy!

I'm sure Rusty's the same, but just making a joke of it.




I hope!
Buck Bundy is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
Kevin Slegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Surrey
Posts: 15,291
Re: Missing QV - HOAX BUG

Rusty hasn't come back then?
Kevin Slegg is offline  
Status: No more guiletta... Auctioned off
Founder of AO
 
alfaowner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: United Kingdom
County: Essex
Posts: 8,044
Images: 83

Member car:

Maserati GTS

Re: Missing QV - HOAX BUG

I really find it soooooo hard to believe someone would leave over the colour of their cloverleafs changing.

Server speed, anal mods/admins or bad subjects being discussed, YES, but I never thought cloverleafs could be an issue. I have not got any cloverleafs, should I step down as admin because of this?

Regards,

AO
alfaowner is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
Kevin Slegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Surrey
Posts: 15,291
Re: Missing QV - HOAX BUG

I can appreciate your view and it seems OTT to me - but everybody is different?

At the end of the day did it really matter to anyone else if he had green or silver cloverleafs with 1k+ posts???

I accept however, it might be difficult to do and if so I suppose you can't keep on making exceptions for each and every individual. But at the end of the day, if its easy to do, does it cause any harm?
Kevin Slegg is offline  
Status: No more guiletta... Auctioned off
Founder of AO
 
alfaowner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: United Kingdom
County: Essex
Posts: 8,044
Images: 83

Member car:

Maserati GTS

Re: Missing QV - HOAX BUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Slegg
I can appreciate your view and it seems OTT to me - but everybody is different?

At the end of the day did it really matter to anyone else if he had green or silver cloverleafs with 1k+ posts???

I accept however, it might be difficult to do and if so I suppose you can't keep on making exceptions for each and every individual. But at the end of the day, if its easy to do, does it cause any harm?
Yes, it is quite easy to do, however, I cannot make exceptions for minimalistic importances. This is the silliest thing Ive ever read or am I being too harsh? I just do not see the importance of pushing your self away from something that you enjoy doing/using because your cloverleafs change from green to silver.

Not a personal dig at this guy, but just cannot understand the thought process. HELP

AO
alfaowner is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
Kevin Slegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Surrey
Posts: 15,291
Re: Missing QV - HOAX BUG

I'm afraid I can't help. Maybe Rusty just doesn't like silver? Maybe he left as he didn't get a response to his request?

As I said personally I think it was OTT to leave; but I'm sure we all have our idiosyncrasies

I'll send him an e-mail via the facility on this site and see what happens
Kevin Slegg is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
Gary Slegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North Wales
Posts: 16,710
Re: Missing QV - HOAX BUG

I sort of agree with Alfaowner, it does seem a bit OTT, and it would be a pain having to alter the way the forum works each time someone wants something done. Having said that some things I find important might seem a bit OTT to other people...I guess all our foibles combine to make life's rich tapestry...

Rusty, if you're there lurking as a guest do log on and say hello, I miss seeing that series 1 33 interior you use as you avatar

Last edited by Gary Slegg; 15-09-06 at 21:33.
Gary Slegg is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
Gary Slegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North Wales
Posts: 16,710
Re: Missing QV - HOAX BUG

Alfaowner, have you bought Bobda's Volvo off him?
Gary Slegg is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Announcements & Comments

Tags
bug , hoax , missing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome