Alfa Romeo UK Statement - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Announcements & Comments A lounge for staff announcements.
If we have ideas, requests or something to tell you, it will go in here.

AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaowner View Post
Hi,

I am trying to get this resolved for you, check your email
Also do you have a private plate?

Ian
will do thanks IAn
Nope standard reg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GTA_Nigel

Good to see this partnership between AO and ARUK. This prompted me to join up here as a paying member. I think AO has created an important community and if ARUK is taking it seriously I'm prepared to pay to support it.

Well done Ian et al.

Cheers,

Nigel

AO Gold Member

Just signed up to the Cloverleaf Club, quite an impressive website, I think this is really the kind of communication all Alfa Romeo owners need with Alfa Romeo UK!
AO Member

County: UK

Member car:

Alfa 159 2.4 JTD

good initiative
just signed!
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Garage

Member car:

1973 2000 GTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko Le Rosso View Post
But, I have enjoyed reading stuff on there, and I'll be cooking one of the recipes on there
Would that be one of Aldo Zilli's recipes?
AO Platinum Member

County: Fareham, Hants
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwall View Post
Would that be one of Aldo Zilli's recipes?
And one of your clients Yes. I'm bit of a fan, never had the chance to have a meal cooked for me by the man.
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
AROC have introduced the full name on forum thing and it's caused some friction TBH.

Doesn't phase me in the slightest as I always stand by what I say!

Cheers,

Simon
AO Member

Garage

Member car:

1973 2000 GTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadrone Rosso View Post
AROC have introduced the full name on forum thing and it's caused some friction TBH
I just changed my first name in my account settings... Hardly foolproof but everyone knows my name is Farquhar anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadrone Rosso View Post
Doesn't phase me in the slightest as I always stand by what I say!
Me too! Maybe having folks whole names on the forum was intentional. Bit like in Switzerland (I think?) where everyone's licence plates are published online (no road rage whatsoever)
AO Member

Garage

Member car:

1973 2000 GTV

Quote:
And one of your clients

Quote:
Yes. I'm bit of a fan, never had the chance to have a meal cooked for me by the man.
Well next time you're up in Londontown, lemmie know and we can pop along to one of his venues: Zilli Restaurants Zilli Green is his new place - my veggie missus is desperate to go there (nice website/ branding - wonder who did all that then )
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwall View Post

Well next time you're up in Londontown, lemmie know and we can pop along to one of his venues: Zilli Restaurants Zilli Green is his new place - my veggie missus is desperate to go there (nice website/ branding - wonder who did all that then )
:zen:
AO Member

County: Northumberland
This just annoys me in a way. I'm happy that they are working with this site to make the ownership experience better, but can't help feeling they are glossing over the real issues
(Post Link) post #62 of 219 Old 08-03-10 Thread Starter
Founder of AO

County: Essex

Member car:

Maserati GTS

UPDATE: Message from Alfa Romeo UK

Thank you for all your positive feedback. We’re delighted to see so many of you joining the Cloverleaf Club and have a lot of activity planned to help you make the most of your Alfa Romeo ownership.

We’d like to address a few of the queries we’ve noticed in this thread since the announcement was posted, and again it’s important we hear ‘honest’ feedback and we appreciate this may not always be good. We do want to assure you that every single issue raised is being seriously looked at and addressed wherever we can. Equally, as the relationship develops we are keen to hear your suggestions too.

So, in no particular order…

Hunter pointed out that his Cloverleaf Club Track Day was cancelled and was clearly disappointed. In order to investigate this fully we asked Ian at Alfaowner to ask Hunter’ for his details but Hunter declined (this is no problem and we completely understand). However, we can confirm that we did have to cancel one track day in October 2008 but obviously cannot confirm whether Hunter (due to lack of real name) was booked on this or not. If this could have been confirmed we would have been happy to have reserved Hunter a place on a track day that we have booked in the summer. So, this one is closed off until his/her real name can be sought (Other than to apologise again to Hunter)

We are also looking into the issue raised by alfaholic1001 regarding a registration number not being recognised by the Cloverleaf Club website. This is proving a little tricky as we have not encountered this before and it may be a DVLA matter. We are working with Ian to source the registration number from alfaholic1001 and we will hopefully learn more then. The key thing is that we are working on it and we will keep the member updated and ultimately resolve his/her issue.

Marko Le Rosso and TomfromTelford raised an interesting point about why their real names appear on the Cloverleaf forum and it actually put off Marko leaving a post. We made the decision that the objective of Cloverleaf was all about bringing Alfa customers closer to the Manufacturer and Alfa HQ in the UK, so we wanted to use real names so when we meet (and I hope we do) members at events like Goodwood etc we can get to know them by their real name. Also, with the advent of Twitter where you’ve even got major celebrities (Steven Fry, Demi Moore etc) who are happy to put their name to posts it kind of backed up our logic.

However, there is no right or wrong answer, and at the end of the day the Cloverleaf Club exists for Alfa Romeo owners so if enough people feel strongly about it we’ll look at potentially changing it. In the meantime, if you have something to say on the Cloverleaf Forum please do so –we really want to hear from you and I hope that you would be happy to put your name to your thoughts/comments.

Just one final thing, I am pleased that we were able to grant a Cloverleaf wish to Squadrone Rosso – from what I hear from my colleagues in Geneva, we were able to offer him a day to remember (hopefully he will agree…). I know a few AO members have talked about this ‘wish list’ facility on the Cloverleaf site but those who don’t know it’s a section ‘I would like Alfa to…’ where we get lots of requests for free cars and drives in the 8C which are hard to fulfil (as you can imagine) but we have washed and valeted a member’s car for a year and lent someone a vintage Alfa Spider for the weekend and VIP hospitality tickets to name just a few – the good news is that we plan to make many more come true in 2010!

So, thanks again to all who has posted and especially Ian for all his hard work, because without him this would not have been possible, please keep giving us the feedback – hopefully you can see from this post we are taking it very seriously.

Best Regards

Damien Dally
Brand Communications Manager, Alfa Romeo UK

[CENTER]
AO Member

You didn't fulfil my wish of helping me out with two worn tyres at 8k miles, submitted on your Cloverleaf site about 2 months ago
paintergirl

Just catching up with this now Great news

paintergirl

And I've just added my wish

AO Platinum Member

Hi Damien. Thank you for your response. The reason why I would be concerned about using my surname, is because of my employment. Even my facebook account does not have my surname published. I understand your point, and do not disagree with it. Just some of us can't fit into the same box all of the time.
Global Mod Team

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouty View Post
You didn't fulfil my wish of helping me out with two worn tyres at 8k miles, submitted on your Cloverleaf site about 2 months ago
Hardly worthy of rolleyes, is it? Surely you must accept that the nature of the idea is that they will grant only a small proportion of the submitted desires.
AO Member

Quote:
Hardly worthy of rolleyes, is it?
Depends which side of the wallet your sitting on doesn't it?
AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

And what about the oirish ? We have a good number of members over here across the water ?
Global Mod Team

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouty View Post
Depends which side of the wallet your sitting on doesn't it?
Not really. It just doesn't seem relevant to this thread.
I've just had a rust spot re-appear on my front wheelarch which has already been treated by Alfa UK twice in the past. I've put a wish down there that they sort it out for once and all. They haven't responded to it. Should I be ranting? It's a wishlist, not a demand. If you want something official doing, it's the wrong way to ask, you should be going through your dealer, ringing Alfa direct.

I'm not saying you don't have a right to be aggrieved at what you see to be a fault - but being aggrieved that it hasn't been fixed via this particular route is just a bit disingenious.

Seen an offensive/spam post? Report it! Click the or button next to the post.
AO Rules - AO Gallery - AO Classified adverts - AO Club - AO Traders

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

I Nomes & Gibbo

"You know, sometimes the world seems like a pretty mean place."
"That's why animals are so soft and huggy."
- Calvin and Hobbes

To err is human, to moderate ursine.
AO Member

What can i say......
WELL DONE to Ian and the team and Damien at Alfa Romeo UK
AO Member

County: Derbyshire

Member car:

159ti

I would advise every member of AO to join Cloverleaf especially as it is free. The prizes are fantastic, I should know I have won three in the past year. Also have a chat with LFCALFA and he will back me up. However the most important reason to join Cloverleaf is that the track days are back this year. For sheer enjoyment, value for money and the fact you dont use your own car makes them something not to be missed.
AO Silver Member

County: Suffolk

Member car:

Volvo XC70

I joined recently, although I still had one month of my membership left from when I bought my Alfa last year.

Contrary to what was stated earlier in the thread I received an 8 year free membership which expires in March 2018

I've just checked it again as I thought I may have misread but it's definitely March 2018 ..............

I haven't won anything in my years membership though

......... I guess you need to enter the competitions first

Last edited by Firecracker; 09-03-10 at 11:46.
AO Member

County: South Yorkshirem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecracker View Post
I joined recently, although I still had one month of my membership left from when I bought my Alfa last year.

Contrary to what was stated earlier in the thread I received an 8 year free membership which expires in March 2018

I've just checked it again as I thought I may have misread but it's definitely March 2018 ..............

I haven't won anything in my years membership though

......... I guess you need to enter the competitions first
Same with me Firecracker. Member untill 2018,thats a win in itself
AO Platinum Member

County: -
Thanks for the update Ian

Just for the record. AO has passed my details onto Damien after I gave permission.

All my details are still on the Cloverleaf website anyway. Plus I spoke with Damien directly. I would hope I'm not that easy to forget...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Announcements & Comments

Tags
alfa , romeo , statement