Evo triangle alfa romeo challenge 2009 (invitational) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Announcements & Comments A lounge for staff announcements.
If we have ideas, requests or something to tell you, it will go in here.

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 22-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Conwy
Help Evo triangle alfa romeo challenge 2009 (invitational)

Just a pretty random & possibly mad idea, but as everybody know's North Wales has some of the best driving roads in Britain. No more so than the famed EVO Triangle on the Denbigh Moors. Used by EVO magazine for road tests and various features on numerous occassions.

The idea is to assemble quite a few Alfa Romeo's (the Challenge part) to drive the Triangle outside all the main usual show calender dates. Maybe Mid to late September/early October 2009 on a Sunday afternoon.

It would be an opportunity to drive this unique road & talk Alfa for the afternoon. I've tagged the word (Invitational) on the end as we could offer an invitation to join the drive & meet to other Italian car marques/forums (Abarth, Lancia, Fiat & possibly more exotic italian machinery).

Possibly then finish the afternoon off in Betws-y-coed for refreshments before everyone heads home.

The only downsides of this are the Weather, can a bit rubbish from time to time up there, Danger of Sheep on the roads. Mr Brunstrums Arrive Alive Camera vans in case anyone opens the taps a little too much and nowhere to pee except for behind a bush. Other than that it's all good. (Meeting point could be the Sportmans arms pub which is closed, but has a reasonable car park area and is at the top point of the triangle)

What does everybody think? Or failing not this year possibly look at it for next year or something.

Thanks everybody for taking the time to read

Si

p.s In hindesight this may have already been done a few times this year with your North & South Wales runs. So please ignore if so eveyone.

Cheers

Current: Alfa Romeo 156 1.8 Veloce - Previous (2004 - 2007): Alfa Romeo 156 2.5 V6 24V Lusso in Cosmos Blue (T87 KDM)

Last edited by SABREWOLF; 22-07-09 at 15:38.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

happy man

I've done it twice now with AO in 2008 and 2009, I think we have actually done the triangle three times as a Club

see here
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/uk-na...wales-run.html

And the piccy's

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/just-...4-04-09-a.html

Don't think we have another planned this year but I expect we'll be doing one in the spring next year

We've even got club Triangle boot stickers

Last edited by happy man; 22-07-09 at 14:06.

(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 22-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Conwy
ooops! Everyone. Sorry.

I just added a tag on to my original post about in overlooking the fact that everyone may have already done the Evo a few times this year as a group as part of your North & South runs. (Newbie Error, Doh!).

But on the bright side if anyone does want to take up the Challenge as an end of season last mini run before the cold & bleak winter creeps in that would be great.

Thanks again everyone for taking the time.

Last edited by SABREWOLF; 22-07-09 at 22:30.
AO Platinum Member

County: Limburg
I wish we had roads like that and such beautiful scenery over here. Alternatively, that North Wales were this side of the pond and less than 1000 miles away...
happy man

Brilliant day out we will be doing it again

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Announcements & Comments

Tags
2009 , alfa , challenge , evo , invitational , romeo , triangle