Private message receipts - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Announcements & Comments A lounge for staff announcements.
If we have ideas, requests or something to tell you, it will go in here.

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 23-02-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

1973 Spider 2000

Private message receipts

I'm not sure if this has to do with the work that has been ongoing with the server upgrade or if this is just another restriction placed on non-club members. I'm guessing it's the latter, but I don't want to jump to any conclusions.

I wanted to check to see if a PM I sent out was received/read. I tried to check the private message receipts function and got the following message:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO
You are either not logged in, not registered or do not have permission for this page!

This could be due to one of several reasons, however it is more likely that you have not subscribed to the AO club. If you have not yet registered, you must do so here before trying to subscribe to our club. (This stage is free)

If you are already registered you may upgrade your account right now, your upgraded account will be active within 5 minutes and will offer many benefits for Alfa Romeo Drivers and fans of the marque! You will also be supporting the continuation of this site and its core development. If you feel that you should have access, please submit a support ticket. Non subscribers should use the contact us link which is answered as soon as we can.
So if I read this correctly, I'm not permitted to check to see if my PMs were even sent, let alone read, just because I'm not a club member. That really seems like a ridiculous restriction on regular members. This was always a function that members had access to before the club fees were introduced. It's also a function that is probably of more use to non-club members since they can't keep copies of their PMs without cluttering up their five message storage space.

It's not as if granting non-paying members access to this information is taking up that many resources. The receipts are already stored, they can't be added to or altered just by reading them. If they continue to exist, it seems to me that they really should be accessible. If it was decided that keeping these receipts took up too much server space, and that only paying members would be allowed to generate them, that's a completely different argument, and one that could be argued on at least somewhat reasonable grounds.
--Toronto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Rosso Alfa Member

Member car:

156 2.0 JTS

Re: Private message receipts

This probably doesn't help you, but according to this, only paid up members can track message receipts.

Alfa Romeo Forum - Aoclub

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Announcements & Comments

Tags
message , private , receipts