159, Brera & new Spider owners, IMPORTANT, ACTION REQUIRED - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Announcements & Comments A lounge for staff announcements.
If we have ideas, requests or something to tell you, it will go in here.

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 08-09-08 Thread Starter
Status: Breraless :(
AO Platinum Member
 
Squadrone Rosso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Neath Port Talbot
Posts: 29,888
Images: 45
Warning 159, Brera & new Spider owners, IMPORTANT, ACTION REQUIRED

Hi.

Please please read and act upon the information I have gleened from ARUK over the 2.2 petrol hesitation issue and the widespread seemingly generic premature tyre wear issue that affects our cars

Details are in the sticky threads in the technical lounge for the cars.

It'll only take you a few minutes but it could have a really influential outcome over our problems

Thanks, Simon.

Last edited by Squadrone Rosso; 08-09-08 at 18:41.
Squadrone Rosso is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
(Post Link) post #2 of 10 Old 18-09-08 Thread Starter
Status: Breraless :(
AO Platinum Member
 
Squadrone Rosso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Neath Port Talbot
Posts: 29,888
Images: 45
Re: 159, Brera & new Spider owners, IMPORTANT, ACTION REQUIRED

ARUK state that the hesitation with 2.2 engined new range cars is normal and not a fault

It's there to ensure the cars comply with EU emission regulations

Their advice is if you think your car has a fault, book it into a dealer (I mentioned that some of us are being charged for no fault found warranty claims) or an independent for confirmation.

Any remap will invalidate the car warranty and they seem unhappy with Mango's for offering the service.

It's a similar story with the tyre wear situation. They want us to get geometry check print outs from dealers if we have had the issue.

I note that some of us have commented that involving the press seems to be the way forward.

I have already won two battles with ARUK with the assistance of Autoexpress magazine so if you want me to take this forward, please PM me with your specific details and I'll compile a submission.

Don't be shy

Not good news really and despite ARUK's initial and seemingly positive stance, this is proof that it's SNAFU as per usual

Simon

Daily Driver FIAT Panda Cross Twinair Stunning Giulia 115 Spider Series 4 fine weather toy

Wife's Daily Brilliant Toyota GT86

AROC South Wales Section Secretary
Squadrone Rosso is offline  
Nev
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 159, Brera & new Spider owners, IMPORTANT, ACTION REQUIRED

Add the misleading servicing schedule too.
 
Status: Busy busy busy!
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
Pud237's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 71
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cumbria
Posts: 41,498
Re: 159, Brera & new Spider owners, IMPORTANT, ACTION REQUIRED

Time to get the press in then? Shame it always needs to come to this with ARUK..

Maybe they could offer vouchers to the tune of an AD remap to customers complaining about the issue, and overlook the remap when it comes to warranty claims? Oh no, they'd prefer just to drop their collective pants and sh*t on their customers. We've got your money now so just p*ss off and stop complaining.

Oh dear.
Pud237 is offline  
Nev
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 159, Brera & new Spider owners, IMPORTANT, ACTION REQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pud237 View Post
Oh no, they'd prefer just to drop their collective pants and sh*t on their customers. We've got your money now so just p*ss off and stop complaining.
Yup, that about sums it up.
 
Status: -
AO Member
 
Martin G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Somerset
Posts: 219
Re: 159, Brera & new Spider owners, IMPORTANT, ACTION REQUIRED

What about a rally to Slough? Park up outside with some informative banners attached to windows.

A further thought (done in edit) I have a different issue with my car but the response is the same. If as ARUK state there is 'nothing wrong' then perhaps universally we could make the same request I did in my email to them, which reads.....

If the vibration is normal, then why have I not received a full written report explaining what causes this vibration and an explanation as to why this is normal, also assurance that it will not affect the reliability, saleability and re-sale value of the vehicle? Please may I have this written feedback and diagnosis of this 'normal occurence' which are the cause of the symptoms. I will have any reports checked by a proffessional, independent organisation.

This could be the case for hesitation, tyre wear etc, if it is normal then it can be explained and we can all have peace of mind. Refusal to do this can be seen as an admission of guilt?

Even ask for a warranty extension in writing to prove that ARUK have no concerns?

Just ideas.

Last edited by Martin G; 19-09-08 at 12:29.
Martin G is offline  
Status: 660Nm of torqueystuff!
AO Platinum Member
 
Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: British Indian Ocean Terr
County: -
Posts: 15,150
Images: 37
Re: 159, Brera & new Spider owners, IMPORTANT, ACTION REQUIRED

I think independant examination has a lot of promise, esp with the hesitation, tyre wear and frankly laughable fuel economy issues that so many of us have.

Martin's case seems to be unusual and a direct replacement should be pushed for.
Hunter is offline  
alfisti1
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 159, Brera & new Spider owners, IMPORTANT, ACTION REQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadrone Rosso View Post
ARUK state that the hesitation with 2.2 engined new range cars is normal and not a fault

It's there to ensure the cars comply with EU emission regulations

Their advice is if you think your car has a fault, book it into a dealer (I mentioned that some of us are being charged for no fault found warranty claims) or an independent for confirmation.

Any remap will invalidate the car warranty and they seem unhappy with Mango's for offering the service.

It's a similar story with the tyre wear situation. They want us to get geometry check print outs from dealers if we have had the issue.

I note that some of us have commented that involving the press seems to be the way forward.

I have already won two battles with ARUK with the assistance of Autoexpress magazine so if you want me to take this forward, please PM me with your specific details and I'll compile a submission.

Don't be shy

Not good news really and despite ARUK's initial and seemingly positive stance, this is proof that it's SNAFU as per usual



ever thought about a remap?
kinda sick of all this ARUK bickering.
 
(Post Link) post #9 of 10 Old 19-09-08 Thread Starter
Status: Breraless :(
AO Platinum Member
 
Squadrone Rosso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Neath Port Talbot
Posts: 29,888
Images: 45
Re: 159, Brera & new Spider owners, IMPORTANT, ACTION REQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68alfa View Post
ever thought about a remap?
kinda sick of all this ARUK bickering.
Yes, but at 400 when the car should run properly
Squadrone Rosso is offline  
Status: 660Nm of torqueystuff!
AO Platinum Member
 
Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: British Indian Ocean Terr
County: -
Posts: 15,150
Images: 37
Re: 159, Brera & new Spider owners, IMPORTANT, ACTION REQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68alfa View Post
ever thought about a remap?
kinda sick of all this ARUK bickering.

Problem is warranty.

I had all hell let lose when ARUK and a certain dealer thought I'd had a remap. Threatened not to honour ANY warranty on the car as it was modified from standard.


Honestly though, its not bickering. Many owners here in the UK have 20-30k cars that aint right. ARUK must do something about it.
Hunter is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Announcements & Comments

Tags
159 , action , brera , important , owners , required , spider

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome