BUGS Found with site - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Announcements & Comments A lounge for staff announcements.
If we have ideas, requests or something to tell you, it will go in here.

(Post Link) post #1 of 37 Old 13-03-08 Thread Starter
Founder of AO

County: Essex

Member car:

Maserati GTS

Wave BUGS Found with site

Please report any MAJOR bugs found in this thread only - Please make sure others have not reported them already by scanning this thread.

Known Bugs so far:
AO Grey Save updates but doesnt close edit window
AO Classic Save updates but doesnt close edit window
Some custom smilies do not move even when animated - FIXED
Rate threads are showing up in every thread and in every lounge plus they are yellow - FIXED
AO Chat has no access for club members at present.

Thanks for all your patience If you see any of your own posts in the technical lounge that are in the wrong place, please report them to Bigfoot via PM or by reporting the post itself.

AO

[CENTER]

Last edited by alfaowner; 15-03-08 at 16:58.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Berkshire

Member car:

Giulietta QV

Re: BUGS Found with site

Just a comment that while logical for technical reasons (Alfa not web), 147, 156 and GT in one thread is just too much.

I can't see any of the GT threads I was following, I know I can enable email alert but its too many emails for me to delete each morning.
Global Mod Team

County: Milano
Garage

Within subscription, you can choose to receive emails at the end of a day, rather than every time someone posts on a thread you're subscribed to.

Would that help?
AO Member

Member car:

Black GT 1.9 JTd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallPaul View Post
Just a comment that while logical for technical reasons (Alfa not web), 147, 156 and GT in one thread is just too much.

I can't see any of the GT threads I was following, I know I can enable email alert but its too many emails for me to delete each morning.
Can I support TP on this one - call me small minded but the GT threads I follow have just be swallowed by the 790 pages of 147/156 info. Yes I know that the 147 and GT have a lot in common but the search function always got me this cross referenced material. I think to subsume the GT into such a large thread group means a lot of its value has been lost - literally.

Can I say that I really appreciate the resource that AO is and i do understand that separate "lounges" required additional moderator resources but don't "throw the baby out with the bath water" by lumping everything together.

Just my 2p worth

IB
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta QV

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorib View Post
Can I support TP on this one - call me small minded but the GT threads I follow have just be swallowed by the 790 pages of 147/156 info. Yes I know that the 147 and GT have a lot in common but the search function always got me this cross referenced material. I think to subsume the GT into such a large thread group means a lot of its value has been lost - literally.

Can I say that I really appreciate the resource that AO is and i do understand that separate "lounges" required additional moderator resources but don't "throw the baby out with the bath water" by lumping everything together.

Just my 2p worth

IB
I'm glad I am not the only one. I wondered after I posted this morning if I was over-reacting but I must say I have not really used alfaowner all day (which is unusual for a slow Friday in the office!) as there is just too many threads and GT related discussions are lost in the noise.

How about sub-forums for 156, 147 and GT under an umbrella forum?

You raise a good argument on moderation prof IB, but the objective should be to lower moderation requirements through organisation, not by driving everyone away...
(Post Link) post #6 of 37 Old 15-03-08 Thread Starter
Founder of AO

Member car:

Maserati GTS

Hopefully that is the rate thread box dealt with, it only should show in the technicl section, this wil also bedealt with shortly.

I just deleted all the posts in this thread that were simply repeating the issues we had already logged in the first post!!!!

AO

Last edited by alfaowner; 15-03-08 at 17:25.
AO Member

County: Cheshire

Member car:

Brera SV6

AO,
Each email I receive at my private address, which refers to the threads I am subscribed to, is in triplicate. This has been going on for a while, I think, but haven't a clue how to stop it or is it a bug since the upgrade?
Am I the only one, if so must be something with my PC.
Any help would be great.
Andy.
Admin Team

County: -

Member car:

Not a GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaowner View Post
Rate threads are showing up in every thread and in every lounge plus they are yellow - FIXED
Are you sure this is fixed? Maybe it's a skin issue, but I still get the thread rating banner above every page. (I'm on AO grey, BTW)
(Post Link) post #9 of 37 Old 16-03-08 Thread Starter
Founder of AO

Member car:

Maserati GTS

Wave Re: BUGS Found with site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wainey View Post
AO,
Each email I receive at my private address, which refers to the threads I am subscribed to, is in triplicate. This has been going on for a while, I think, but haven't a clue how to stop it or is it a bug since the upgrade?
Am I the only one, if so must be something with my PC.
Any help would be great.
Andy.
Hi Wainey,

I am not getting that issue on any of my test accounts can you forward a copy of these three emails to aoforum @ alfaowner.com

Many thanks

AO
(Post Link) post #10 of 37 Old 16-03-08 Thread Starter
Founder of AO

Member car:

Maserati GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobda View Post
Are you sure this is fixed? Maybe it's a skin issue, but I still get the thread rating banner above every page. (I'm on AO grey, BTW)
Will take a look, it should be fixed!!! Argghh

Last edited by alfaowner; 17-03-08 at 00:10.
Global Mod Team

Garage

We decided against it because we felt the most efficient way was to put together (mostly!) the common platforms, such as 156/147/GT since they share many of the same troubles/peculiarities.

If enough members want a further individual car split, we will reconsider it.
AO Member

Member car:

Black GT 1.9 JTd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFoot View Post
We decided against it because we felt the most efficient way was to put together (mostly!) the common platforms, such as 156/147/GT since they share many of the same troubles/peculiarities.

Thanks for listening to our [TP & my] posts - it would be great if you could reconsider it - the volume of posting by the the much more numerous 147 & 156 is swamping the GT posts making them impossible to follow/find.

If we have a common platform issue we can use search the search function on that particular issue to get the full range of information available on that issue.

Having said that, there are a number of issues which are peculiar to the GT [i.e. wind noise/frameless windows] [or indeed other issues specific to the 147 or 156] and we won't see these unless we search or happen to log in to the "lounge" witin a couple of hours of posting. Currently posts to the the 156/147/GT forum last around 2 hours on the 1st page before rolling onto the 2nd page and being lost to the casual observer.

Personally I used to use the forum to browse for issues which are specific to the GT but can no longer do this because of the volume of 147/156 posts.

I hope you can find a way to seperate these again - TP's suggestion of sub-forums would seem like a good compromise.

IB
AO Platinum Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0

i seem to have posting probs using the quick post, sometimes it says i have to insert at least 1 character, but i have written a full sentance use AO modern on IE 7 on vista
if i go back and retype the same thing again, it works
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta QV

Quote:

Hey bigfoot, I assume the forum supports polls, perhaps you could put a sticky one in 156/147/GT that asks:

- I want a separate forum for each model
- I am think a single forum for three models is best and don't mind the volume of posts
- I am think a single forum for three models is best but the volume of posts is not something I like.
- Any other option you like

And run that for a week or two to see what people think?

Alternatly I could start a thread somewhere, but if its in general it will not be caught by the main readers I feel, and if its in 156/147/GT you may not consider that appropriate so a Poll would be the best way in my opinion to survey the masses!

Your thoughts?

Paul

Giulietta QV 1750TBi (been&gone= 156, GT, Abarth 500)
Mrs TallPaul - 159TI sportwagon 2.0JTDM
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

GT Cloverleaf Q2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallPaul View Post
Hey bigfoot, I assume the forum supports polls, perhaps you could put a sticky one in 156/147/GT that asks:

- I want a separate forum for each model
- I am think a single forum for three models is best and don't mind the volume of posts
- I am think a single forum for three models is best but the volume of posts is not something I like.
- Any other option you like

And run that for a week or two to see what people think?

Alternatly I could start a thread somewhere, but if its in general it will not be caught by the main readers I feel, and if its in 156/147/GT you may not consider that appropriate so a Poll would be the best way in my opinion to survey the masses!

Your thoughts?

Paul
I'd vote for a vote on this TP also.

Like you, (and several others who haven't shouted yet) I'm finding the new layout for GT forum dissatisfying. As you & profib have pointed out, way too much 147 / 156 traffic to trawl through.

OK, I understand perhaps a single model forum may have moderator issues and could possible become 'stale' at times if there are not enough regular posters, but I'm sure this would not be especially so.

I would really like to think this could be looked at,

Thank you,
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria

I quite like the fact the GT is now lumped in with the 147 & 156 forum. I have already sent technical advice to a number of GT driver's whose post I would otherwise not have read and replied to.
AO Member

Member car:

Black GT 1.9 JTd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pud237 View Post
I quite like the fact the GT is now lumped in with the 147 & 156 forum. I have already sent technical advice to a number of GT driver's whose post I would otherwise not have read and replied to.
Pud237 - point taken but those GT drivers would also pick these up if they searched across the various models for common issues. I have searched very successfully for Connect NAV+ issues which affect a large number of models but I drive a GT.

I think all we are saying is that it is much easier to scan search for GT specific issues in a GT forum which is not swamped by 147/156 info.

At the risk of sounding a bit like a Liberal Democrat [which I'm not!] I tend to disagree with Tall Paul's suggestion of relying on democracy through a poll. Democracy only works when all groups are roughly equally represented [don't get me started!!].

Thus any model which is so heavily outnumbered in a combined forum is unlikely to fare well in a poll of that forums' members - although I suppose that depends on how the question is asked in the poll.

Thus this might be OK:
"Do you think each model 147, 156 & GT should each have a separate forum" - Y/N

but this might not
"Some GT owners feel a separate forum would suit their needs better what do all forum members feel - Y/N

Oh well - I am a democrat [just not particularly liberal ] and if it has to be a combined forum then so be it.

I'll just end up using the search function to get my info and my ability to casually read relevant posts related to my car will be diminished.

However I also believe that if this happens then it will be rather off putting to any potential new GT driving members of the AO online community and that has to be a negative development in the longer term.

IB
Global Mod Team

Garage

Guys, we'll listen but this thread is about Bugs found on the site, so let's keep it on topic
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria

See here:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/annou...47-lounge.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorib View Post
Pud237 - point taken but those GT drivers would also pick these up if they searched across the various models for common issues. I have searched very successfully for Connect NAV+ issues which affect a large number of models but I drive a GT.

I think all we are saying is that it is much easier to scan search for GT specific issues in a GT forum which is not swamped by 147/156 info.

At the risk of sounding a bit like a Liberal Democrat [which I'm not!] I tend to disagree with Tall Paul's suggestion of relying on democracy through a poll. Democracy only works when all groups are roughly equally represented [don't get me started!!].

Thus any model which is so heavily outnumbered in a combined forum is unlikely to fare well in a poll of that forums' members - although I suppose that depends on how the question is asked in the poll.

Thus this might be OK:
"Do you think each model 147, 156 & GT should each have a separate forum" - Y/N

but this might not
"Some GT owners feel a separate forum would suit their needs better what do all forum members feel - Y/N

Oh well - I am a democrat [just not particularly liberal ] and if it has to be a combined forum then so be it.

I'll just end up using the search function to get my info and my ability to casually read relevant posts related to my car will be diminished.

However I also believe that if this happens then it will be rather off putting to any potential new GT driving members of the AO online community and that has to be a negative development in the longer term.

IB
Quote:
Guys, we'll listen but this thread is about Bugs found on the site, so let's keep it on topic
AO Rosso Alfa Member

County: Bristol

Where are my bugs then

I haven't found them yet
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

1750GTV 147Lusso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loads of GT drivers said
Loads of stuff about not being able to find their posts
If you click on your username, either in a thread or from the Forum page here it opens up your profile and you can click on "Find all posts by Mr GT Driver". It's an easy way of looking back at threads you have posted in.
HTH
AO Silver Member

Member car:

1973 Spider 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaowner View Post
Will take a look, it should be fixed!!! Argghh
(Actually I should make this clear -- I'm talking about the "rate this thread" banner appearing at the top of all the posts. Hey, since we're talking about bugs, I miss the long, long gone full quote feature. By quoting just your post, Ian, we don't have boda's original quotation as a reference and it makes the conversation a bit disjointed.)

It's still evident in the classic skin in lounges outside of the technical ones as well.

As for the quick edit feature it still doesn't seem to be working for me -- unless I'm using it incorrectly. If I try to edit and then hit save, nothing happens. I still have to hit the "go advanced" and then "save changes" or red and white "edit" button and go the the process for the post to save and for it to be reposted (with m edits) in the thread.
--Toronto

Last edited by Toronto Spider; 17-03-08 at 18:11.
(Post Link) post #23 of 37 Old 17-03-08 Thread Starter
Founder of AO

Member car:

Maserati GTS

I am going to be deleting posts in this thread soon, this really is a bug thread for me.

I have no problem with a poll being set up so long as a staff member creates and manages it, we want you to have the easiest and most helpful experience at AO but we will always have to go with a majority vote. We must also make sure that the poll is well publicised

Now remember, this is my bug test thread... please create a new thread and then request that these posts be moved to it.
Admin Team

County: Hertfordshire

Hello Boss - just to let you know something strange is happening on the forums index page. Only on my iPhone so not anything to worry about but thought I would flag it anyway. For some reason a little while ago the classifieds sub-menu dissapeared and I was just left with the title and now the same thing has happened tonight to the technical help section, so now I can't see the submenu (GTV, 147 etc...). Like I said not a massive problem as all is normal on the actual computer. And I can still get into those areas by manually typing the address in on the iPhone. So over to you!
Bri
AO Silver Member

County: Tyne & Wear

Member car:

Saab zzzzzz....

Every time I get a pager message my browser crashes. I'm using Firefox v2.0.0.14.

Last edited by Bri; 22-04-08 at 20:00.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Announcements & Comments

Tags
bugs , found , site