Tech lounge organisation - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Announcements & Comments A lounge for staff announcements.
If we have ideas, requests or something to tell you, it will go in here.

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Chris155
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Tech lounge organisation

This is going to sound like a moan but I'd prefer to think of it as a suggestion.....

There's no technical sense to it at the moment....

Why is the brera in with the GTV and the Spider? Its got nothing in common with them. Why not have a lounge for the 159 and the Brera? They are essentially the same car. Same goes for the 159 being lumped in with the 147 and 156.

I can understand the 164 and 166 being in the same place.

I know why the 155 lounge is seperate but surely that argument is done with? Its the same as a 145 / 146

What is the GT doing in the GTA lounge? They're mostly dirty dervs

Why not have lounges split between platforms that cover electrical and bodywork problems and a seperate are that covers engine specific problems - There is sooo much cross over between model types.....

Aresi V6 - 156, 147, 166, 164, 75, 155, GTV, spider etc
16v T/S - 155, 145, 146, 147, 156, 166, GTV, etc
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
County: -
Posts: 43,564
Images: 8

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Re: Tech lounge organisation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris155 View Post
Why is the brera in with the GTV and the Spider? Its got nothing in common with them. Why not have a lounge for the 159 and the Brera? They are essentially the same car.
This has been asked before Chris !!

I think there's still work ongoing as far as the forum layout is concerned !!

One example here

Last edited by nomad; 28-02-08 at 14:59.
nomad is offline  
Status: The BSD says konnichiwa
Global Mod Team
 
BigFoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Italy
County: Milano
Posts: 113,594
Images: 14
Garage
Re: Tech lounge organisation

We are actively (and heatedly ) discussing the topic among the Mods.

Hopefully we'll get consensus and re-organise the Tech Lounges soon
BigFoot is offline  
Status: Molto felice
AO Rosso Alfa Member
 
Gibbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: United Kingdom
County: Bristol
Posts: 54,876
Images: 2
Re: Tech lounge organisation

Why heatedly
Gibbo is offline  
Status: Bavarian
Admin Team
 
bobda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
County: -
Posts: 15,247
Images: 13

Member car:

Not a GT

Re: Tech lounge organisation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Why heatedly
Because I'm disagreeing with some of the suggestions!
bobda is offline  
Status: Bring on the Giulia
AO Platinum Member
 
OperationAlfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Essex
Posts: 23,108
Garage
Re: Tech lounge organisation

The will be sorted out very shortly.

Please bare with us.
OperationAlfa is offline  
Status: Bring on the Giulia
AO Platinum Member
 
OperationAlfa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Essex
Posts: 23,108
Garage
Re: Tech lounge organisation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFoot View Post
We are actively (and heatedly ) discussing the topic among the Mods.

Hopefully we'll get consensus and re-organise the Tech Lounges soon
Sounds so dramatic!!
OperationAlfa is offline  
Status: Molto felice
AO Rosso Alfa Member
 
Gibbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: United Kingdom
County: Bristol
Posts: 54,876
Images: 2
Re: Tech lounge organisation

We all love a melodrama
Gibbo is offline  
Status: Busy busy busy!
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
Pud237's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 71
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cumbria
Posts: 41,502
Re: Tech lounge organisation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobda View Post
Because I'm disagreeing with some of the suggestions!
Is it because you want a tech section for VW Golfs?
Pud237 is offline  
Status: One foot in, one foot out!
AO Platinum Member
 
zulu ferret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: wgc
County: herts
Posts: 42,248
Images: 2
Re: Tech lounge organisation

Super Moderator with a V6 Golf? Well I never did! Although thinking about it, Ahem' well if you say so?
zulu ferret is offline  
Oggy_GTA
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Tech lounge organisation

Are you separating the GTs from the GTAs as well ?

Edit: Completely agree with first poster, Chris, except his last point.
 
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
County: -
Posts: 43,564
Images: 8

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

Re: Tech lounge organisation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobda View Post
Because I'm disagreeing with some of the suggestions!


nomad is offline  
Status: The BSD says konnichiwa
Global Mod Team
 
BigFoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Italy
County: Milano
Posts: 113,594
Images: 14
Garage
Re: Tech lounge organisation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobda View Post
Because I'm disagreeing with some of the suggestions!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pud237 View Post
Is it because you want a tech section for VW Golfs?
So true
BigFoot is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Alfaowner Experience > Announcements & Comments

Tags
lounge , organisation , tech

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome