Mito 170 remap, where? Worthwhile? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Home Forums AO Club Member Gallery Classifieds Trade Directory  

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa MiTo

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #26 (Post Link)  
Old 21-05-12
AO Member

County: Milano

Member car:

Mito QV E34 TDS XC60 T6

Save your money, its quick enough and then some for every day conditions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#27 (Post Link)  
Old 22-05-12
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

155TB & MJ 1.6

Originally Posted by Mansa_9 View Post
Is recommended then guys? Also window tints, any good places that wont cost a bomb? Appreciate the help! Want to be running an st/tt killer lol
Originally Posted by Mansa_9 View Post
Thanks Towney! Your mito looks mint mate, I'm hoping to start with a simple window tint then get cracking with a remap and induction kit!
I would be of the same opinion as Lambrate FS and suggest leaving the QV standard.
If you're doing 15K a year I would imagine that you would want reliability.
Once you start modifying it can be a slippery slope.

If you are looking to get to 200 bhp I would suggest setting a budget and possibly ask someone like Darren for what you can get for say a £1,000.
Given the restriction of the airbox on the QV possibly the TMC induction kit might be a good place to start - this is easy to reverse. c. £200.
TMC tuning box. £300. Again easy to reverse. Gearbox can take the increased torque from this.
Set of Denso Iridium plugs £50. Easy to reverse. Better than NGK Iridium but hard to notice.
Forge intercooler £300. Not so easy to reverse - improves efficiency.
Performance pads from Auto Lusso £150. Better stopping power.
Shorter service interval for oil changes.
  #28 (Post Link)  
Old 22-05-12
AO Silver Member

County: Hampshire

Member car:

BMW M135i

That is the problem, service intervals increase and there is the added risk of wear and tear. But then you get much better performance in a cheap to run car, so its just personal preference at the end of the day.

Not heard of any problems with the mito engine wise yet so im guessing its pretty tough. drive it reservedly most of the time and change the oil every 5k and it will be fine. After an inspection Saturday on my first service the technician say everything was good as new on my car. Oil looked fine and the level was still full. Now im running a better performance oil Valvoline oil, which I have only read good things about.

Nothing stopping you getting high 40's still on a commute drive, then then the option of dusting focus ST's is there, all in a stunning little car.
  #29 (Post Link)  
Old 22-05-12
AO Member

Member car:

155TB & MJ 1.6

Originally Posted by towney View Post
That is the problem, service intervals increase and there is the added risk of wear and tear. But then you get much better performance in a cheap to run car, so its just personal preference at the end of the day.

Not heard of any problems with the mito engine wise yet so im guessing its pretty tough. drive it reservedly most of the time and change the oil every 5k and it will be fine. After an inspection Saturday on my first service the technician say everything was good as new on my car. Oil looked fine and the level was still full. Now im running a better performance oil Valvoline oil, which I have only read good things about.

Nothing stopping you getting high 40's still on a commute drive, then then the option of dusting focus ST's is there, all in a stunning little car.
I contacted Valvoline directly a few weeks ago and they informed me that they had no oil to suit either the T-jet or the MA in 5w40 synthetic ACEA C3 spec. They have one in a C2 spec to suit a diesel in 5W30 and a semi-synthetic in 5W40. I very much doubt that the oil that Autolusso used meets the specification stated in the manual and technically it would be a warranty breech. If it's a full synthetic I would stand corrected.

Re getting into the high 40s that could be difficult on 18s even with a MA. On 16s on a T-jet if I get into the 40s I'm doing well.

As regards dusting off STs remember they have a 2.5L engine and on the autobahn cc counts.
  #30 (Post Link)  
Old 22-05-12
AO Silver Member

Member car:

BMW M135i

Valvoline.com > Products > Motor Oil > 5W-40 > SynPower® Full Synthetic Motor Oil

maybe this?

I never said it was easy, but high 40's is possible. Next time I drive to belfast (10th june) ill prove with some pics.
  #31 (Post Link)  
Old 22-05-12
AO Member

Member car:

155TB & MJ 1.6

I never said it was easy, but high 40's is possible. Next time I drive to belfast (10th june) ill prove with some pics.
Reckon that if you have a set of 16s off a Lusso you might get 50mpg.

The oil used by Autolusso is this...
Valvoline.com > Products > Motor Oil > Synthetic Blend Motor Oil > DuraBlend® Synthetic Blend Motor Oil
which is a semi-synthetic in a 10W40. You might get away with it on a T-jet as a breaking in oil but on a modern day multi-air engine it's the WRONG oil. The fully synthetic that you provided a link to is 5W30 - this is too thin particularly with a turbo on high boost and I haven't checked the ACEA which should be C3.
If you check their 'what is the right oil' on the Valvoline web site...
Choose the Right Motor Oil
the MiTo is not listed.

I raised this before about 3 weeks ago...
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...ml#post4763826 (Changing spark plugs)

The oils listed below qualify and have the approval code Fiat-955535-s2. If one is paranoid about warranty cover the Selenia STAR is the one you want but the KPE is the same. Oilman recommended the Fuchs and the Castrol you can get in Halfords. You would need to change you filter along with the oil in the unlikely event of any mishap.

Alfa Romeo Mito Selenia Star (Pure Energy) 2ltr
Fiat 500 (New) Selenia 'K' Pure Energy - 5ltr
Opie Oils - Fiat 9.55535-S2
Castrol Edge 5W-40 FST advanced synthetic engine oil
Castrol Edge Turbo Diesel (FST) 5W-40 advanced synthetic engine oil
Amsoil's oil works as well (possibly the best but expensive) but hasn't got the Fiat approval code which wouldn't matter outside warranty.
Amsoil Synthetic Engine Oil (AFL) 5w-40 European Formula
  #32 (Post Link)  
Old 22-05-12
AO Member

County: Essex

Member car:

Blackline GT Jtd

Thanks for all the advice and opinion guys very interesting stuff to ponder. I thought a remap was quite easy to reverse though? And pretty hard to spot? I was thinking of just a remap and that pushes it by 30bhp? Only other thing I was thinking is to get it lowered by 30mm?
  #33 (Post Link)  
Old 22-05-12
Club Member
Membro Medio

Club Member Number: 1397
County: Bridgend

Member car:

mito 155

mansa, yes i would higy recomend it, doesnt take to much to make it faster then an ST.

what do you mean by that debee?
You clearly respect your car, as I do, but unless I have read your posts wrong, you seem to drive it "reservedly most of the time" the car is quick without a remap, so I was questioning why a remap etc.?
I should add that I say this without critisism
  #34 (Post Link)  
Old 23-05-12
AO Silver Member

Member car:

BMW M135i

Because i enjoy the odd day of driving like a juvenile. I find myself going out just for pointless drives, which is where I have fun. I drive like an old woman commuting and through traffic, which accounts for most miles I do. I just like to have best of both worlds really.

No matter what car I would have bought, I would have modified it. I just love cars, and spending money on them it seems lol... The mito was just an all round winner for me which is why I bought it and haven't regretted it a day since.
  #35 (Post Link)  
Old 23-05-12
AO Member

Member car:

Blackline GT Jtd

I love this car has the potential to drive for miles as a commute but has the fun an power to enjoy when our driving just to drive! Stupid question I imagine but if I lower mine by 30mm will it impact the warranty?
  #36 (Post Link)  
Old 23-05-12
AO Silver Member

Member car:

BMW M135i

I have done mine, about 10k miles with no problems. If you do do it you will void the warranty of the shocks. however if you do get a problem just change the springs back over, that what i would do.
  #37 (Post Link)  
Old 23-05-12
AO Member

County: Milano

Member car:

Mito QV E34 TDS XC60 T6

People be aware most 'mapping and tuning companies' just max over fueling and overboost, they never have baseline data from the nominal calibration (because its poprietary manufacturers data), and dont calibrate for altitude and temperature, save your money,keep your warranty and drive it like you stole it
  #38 (Post Link)  
Old 24-05-12
AO Member

Member car:

155TB & MJ 1.6

Did you find out what oil was used when they serviced the QV ?
  #39 (Post Link)  
Old 19-08-13
AO Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

Mito GTA (QV) & Punto 176

Originally Posted by SLOWDRIVER View Post
Hi, Did you get your remap done? If so how did you get on? If not it might be worth you PM me, as I am continually developing a remap file for my own Mito QV (I have a remapping company in Essex) and spend some time getting my Own Alfas perfect. The mito QV is tricky to tune, with over 300 maps to go through (which is why so many companies have problems) but when done properly there are some nice improvements to be had.
would love to hear/see what you get out of it when it's complete
  #40 (Post Link)  
Old 19-08-13
AO Member

County: Devon

Member car:

white mito qv carbon

Gsr are the kiddies for induction kits and as im aware celtic tuning write there own maps so try them aswell im thinkig of getting my mito qv done but want to sell my raggazoon back box first and have the wizard system fitted let me know how it goes with your qv
  #41 (Post Link)  
Old 21-08-13
AO Gold Member

County: Gauteng

Member car:

159 TI V6 - Abarth 500

do it.. the mito is an awesome car to mod and the T-jet even better in my opinion..

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/south...to-thread.html (My own Mito thread)
  #42 (Post Link)  
Old 22-08-13
AO Member

Member car:

BMW Z4M / Mini Cooper S

I've yet to see anyone post any proper dyno runs from before/after of any of these remaps that get talked about for the MiTo, so IMO none of them have proven themselves. Would be good if someone who has had them done could get to a dyno in their car, along with a standard MiTo, to run the cars back to back and see what the differences are.
  #43 (Post Link)  
Old 22-08-13
AO Member

County: Greater London

Member car:

Mito QV

Well here is a remap done by Monza sports, I know Towney had his mito remapped by them and could not speak highly enough of them!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 83.JPG (103.6 KB, 79 views)
  #44 (Post Link)  
Old 23-08-13
AO Silver Member

Member car:

BMW M135i

Yeah monza did all the work on my mito and couldnt fault them all their work was good.
  #45 (Post Link)  
Old 16-09-13
AO Member

Member car:

Mito QV,TVR,R5 Turbo,MX5

Originally Posted by Pinky3million View Post
would love to hear/see what you get out of it when it's complete
I will let you know. The remap that we are running at the moment is a huge improvement over standard, as its giving a much more linear power delivery, with a nice increase in top end power. We can't do too much with its low down power as I believe the clutch is its weak point, Alfa themselves have put huge restrictions on the torque limiter maps at low RPM to save them from having any problems.
In a couple of weeks time, we will be spending some serious time on the rolling road to see what we can safely get from this 1.4 QV engine, we will have one of the best file writers in the business with us, so it will be interesting what he can do!
  #46 (Post Link)  
Old 16-09-13
AO Member

Member car:

Mito GTA (QV) & Punto 176

Oh that sounds great. Will eagerly await your reply...
  #47 (Post Link)  
Old 16-09-13
AO Silver Member

County: Leicestershire

Member car:

MiTo QV - A dream.

+1

[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]
  #48 (Post Link)  
Old 21-09-13
AO Member

Member car:

Mito QV,TVR,R5 Turbo,MX5

Originally Posted by Pinky3million View Post
Oh that sounds great. Will eagerly await your reply...
Well, The mito has been on the rolling road for a day of testing. The final figure was 208.7BHP and 46% more Torque. We could have got some more, but the car was driving so well we decided that this was enough. Please remember that this is on a standard car, with no induction kit or exhaust change, it is now a very quick car!
  #49 (Post Link)  
Old 21-09-13
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 2153

Member car:

Mito QV 2012

Well, The mito has been on the rolling road for a day of testing. The final figure was 208.7BHP and 46% more Torque. We could have got some more, but the car was driving so well we decided that this was enough. Please remember that this is on a standard car, with no induction kit or exhaust change, it is now a very quick car!
That's amazing, well done! I'm certainly first inline for a remap with you guys. Where do I sign up.

#50 (Post Link)  
Old 21-09-13
AO Silver Member

County: Leicestershire

Member car:

MiTo QV - A dream.

Wow! Would be interested in the near future with some more info.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa MiTo

Tags
170, mito, remap, worthwhile

Recently 'Read'
No History to show

Useful Links
Lost Password?
AO Merchandise
FAQs
Register

External Links
Alfa-CF2-V6-Plenum-C...
Alfa-CF3-V6-Plenum-C...
Kleber Quadraxer...
Alfa Romeo 156...
2009 Alfa Romeo...

Alfa Romeo

Recent Image

Ao Killarney Meet...

View David P's images

Search

Forums

Classifieds

Gallery

Social Groups

Members

Did you know..?
Did you know..?
AO Club Members have access to more site features.

Click Here to compare the differences.

New To Site? Need Help?