ALA gap company - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 27-03-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Essex
Help ALA gap company

Hi all.
Can anyone tell me if you have use/used their services and had your car stolen or wright off and how easy it was to get your money from them??

I have looked at their site and there is only good feedback. Can anyone please share your thoughts and if you had a cla from them before.

Thanks

PS or what other company did you used and if it's good in case of a wright off or stolen??

Last edited by Nickolay; 27-03-12 at 21:18.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Member car:

A Tiny Abarth

My GAP insurance is with them. Was pretty reasonable - think it was just under 80 for 3 years.
(Post Link) post #3 of 6 Old 27-03-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Ty bma, I want to know if you claimed from them and how easy and reliable they are. Because if I take the gap with them and than incase of something I need to claim from them, they will stall on things.
AO Member

Member car:

A Tiny Abarth

All insurance companies are the same (you'll find ALA are the company behind lots of the smaller GAP providers). Just play it by the book if you claim and you'll be fine.
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 28-03-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Ok thanks again.
I got pcp on my car. What is it better to get return to invoice or the one that you get new car?
AO Member

County: Shropshire

Member car:

GTV V6

I was involved in the creation of Gap insurance about 10 years ago so I can probably shed some light on the product

Basically there are two types:

1. Finance shortfall - in the event of a successful claim the provider will pay out the difference the insurance company payout and the amount still owed to the finance

2. Return to Invoice - in the event of a successful claim the provider will pay out the difference between the insurance company payout and the price you paid for the car originally (less road tax) as stated on the dealer invoice

There are different names bandied around but there are still to this day, only two general types of cover

I would always recommend Return to Invoice as the small extra cost brings much bigger benefits

An oft overlooked benefit of Gap is that you do not have to negotiate with the insurer in terms of payout, the Gap provider does it all

If I was buying Gap I would not look any further than Gap Insurance by Click4Gap - good prices, great service, no hassle

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa MiTo

Tags
ala , company , gap , insurance