MiTo Group Test - March AutoItalia - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
(Post Link) post #1 of 12 Old 03-02-12 Thread Starter
Status: New Season
Regional Representative
For West Midlands - AOWM
 
MrShusky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,290
MiTo Group Test - March AutoItalia

A nice group test of the MiTo range in the March Edition of AutoItalia.

But where are all the MiTo owners...

With 14,321 sold in the UK of which...
6298 are 1.4 16v
5178 are 1.4 TB
1202 are 1.3 JTDm
1196 are 1.6 JTDm
and
447 are Cloverleaf
models according to the article.

How many of these MiTo owners are on AO?
MrShusky is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
Squadrone Rosso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 29,619
Images: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShusky View Post
A nice group test of the MiTo range in the March Edition of AutoItalia.

But where are all the MiTo owners...

With 14,321 sold in the UK of which...
6298 are 1.4 16v
5178 are 1.4 TB
1202 are 1.3 JTDm
1196 are 1.6 JTDm
and
447 are Cloverleaf
models according to the article.

How many of these MiTo owners are on AO?
Ahem

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...nterested.html (Just in case any of you MiToists are interested)
Squadrone Rosso is offline  
(Post Link) post #3 of 12 Old 03-02-12 Thread Starter
Status: New Season
Regional Representative
For West Midlands - AOWM
 
MrShusky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,290
ooops, sorry Si, only got around to reading it today.

did realise it was Leighs MiTo though, should have remembered your post
MrShusky is offline  
Status: Petrol head
AO Platinum Member
 
cue2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 16,895
Main comment is to do with the effects of different weights of engine but little mention of the steering except a hint about it on QV write-up.
cue2 is offline  
Status: -
AO Platinum Member
 
Squadrone Rosso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 29,619
Images: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShusky View Post
ooops, sorry Si, only got around to reading it today.

did realise it was Leighs MiTo though, should have remembered your post
It was a good but cold day out
Squadrone Rosso is offline  
996
Status: Status removed - contravenes AO regs
Unregistered
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,357
Images: 38

Member car:

MarMiTo 955

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShusky View Post
A nice group test of the MiTo range in the March Edition of AutoItalia.

But where are all the MiTo owners...

With 14,321 sold in the UK of which...
6298 are 1.4 16v
5178 are 1.4 TB
1202 are 1.3 JTDm
1196 are 1.6 JTDm
and
447 are Cloverleaf
models according to the article.

How many of these MiTo owners are on AO?
Moi 1.6 JTDm (The Bogs Dollocks )
996 is offline  
Status: Loving the QV!
AO Silver Member
 
mitomatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,421
Images: 39
Had a quick flick through in the shop. Nice shots.
Also, towards the back, that Tornado Blue MiTo with the black 17" Abarth wheels looks fantastic!
mitomatt is offline  
Status: Still enjoying the 155TB
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 320

Member car:

155TB & MJ 1.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitomatt View Post
Had a quick flick through in the shop. Nice shots.
Also, towards the back, that Tornado Blue MiTo with the black 17" Abarth wheels looks fantastic!
I bought the magazine - nice having nearly all the models covered includng 155TB - although the 135MA wasn't given any proper coverage. The Blue MiTo MJ 1.3 at the back using the 'black' esseesse wheels - I have considered these for the white one that I have. Checking the offset of those wheels there are ET35 whilst the MiTo takes a ET39 in the 7J width (for the 16s & the 17s) so ideally a spacer should be fitted. That said some of the A500 drivers on fitting an aftermarket alloy use a ET30 so it probably makes no difference.
multispoke is offline  
Status: Loving the QV!
AO Silver Member
 
mitomatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,421
Images: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by multispoke View Post
I bought the magazine - nice having nearly all the models covered includng 155TB - although the 135MA wasn't given any proper coverage. The Blue MiTo MJ 1.3 at the back using the 'black' esseesse wheels - I have considered these for the white one that I have. Checking the offset of those wheels there are ET35 whilst the MiTo takes a ET39 in the 7J width (for the 16s & the 17s) so ideally a spacer should be fitted. That said some of the A500 drivers on fitting an aftermarket alloy use a ET30 so it probably makes no difference.
Interesting. Are you going to go ahead with the wheels?
mitomatt is offline  
Status: Still enjoying the 155TB
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 320

Member car:

155TB & MJ 1.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitomatt View Post
Interesting. Are you going to go ahead with the wheels?
I didn't go ahead with them although I was tempted. I had a set of multispokes powder coated and the results were brillant and should have lasted the 'test of time' but the car was sold on. So the new owner gets the benefit.

I did think that if I got them they could have suited the current motor but if I got a A500 the profile on the tyre would be different being a 40 series as opposed to a 45 on the MiTo. Still first perference would be the Veloce on the 155TB (like the Turbine wheel but it would need QV model with the adaptive dampers). Noticed recently that a set of Veloce were up for grabs on here (or I should say ebay) and they went for a song.
multispoke is offline  
Status: Loving the QV!
AO Silver Member
 
mitomatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,421
Images: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by multispoke View Post
I didn't go ahead with them although I was tempted. I had a set of multispokes powder coated and the results were brillant and should have lasted the 'test of time' but the car was sold on. So the new owner gets the benefit.

I did think that if I got them they could have suited the current motor but if I got a A500 the profile on the tyre would be different being a 40 series as opposed to a 45 on the MiTo. Still first perference would be the Veloce on the 155TB (like the Turbine wheel but it would need QV model with the adaptive dampers). Noticed recently that a set of Veloce were up for grabs on here (or I should say ebay) and they went for a song.
Ok, so you no longer have a Mito?
mitomatt is offline  
Status: Still enjoying the 155TB
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 320

Member car:

155TB & MJ 1.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitomatt View Post
Ok, so you no longer have a Mito?
Still have 2. My white one the 155TB engine with the 16 inch Lusso wheels & the OH has a red MJ with the Veloce 17inch. I could always do a swop with the OH but she would notice.
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...nce-tyres.html (Replacement standard 16 inch 'performance' tyres)
multispoke is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa MiTo

Tags
autoitalia , group , march , mito , test

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome