lights - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 25-12-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

'98 Spider

i have been having problems with the lights on the right side of my 98 spider. the indicators are the main thing that isnt working but the front foglight hasnt worked for ages and the brake light intermitently works. also its not always the same indicator that doesnt work they change, and it when you put them on it flashes really quick on the dashboard.

anyone had problems with this and know if its going to cost me loads of money
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Lincolnshire

Member car:

1997 GTV 2.0 TS

Re: lights

I dismantled the fog light/indicator/side light block on my GTV the other day on the right hand side, and when removing the plugs from the back of the lamp holders, a lot of water was running down from the cables and around the lamp body's. i drove it once it was dried and reassembled and the first time i indicated it acted like a bulb had blown with fast repitition of the indicator symbol on the dash, second time and every other since it has been fine.

i dont know if there is a problem with water getting in to this area across the models but i know mine has. worth checking, only problem was being a 96 model the little bit of plastic that hides the screws was brittle and i broke the tabs, so now silicon sealed in to place i hope my bulbs dont blow too soon as it will be a mission to get off.

Merry christmas, and a happy new year...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider