Pretty good deal - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Donalh

(Post Link) post #1 of 14 Old 20-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Meath
Garage
Pretty good deal

So I think I got a great deal. Autodelta hardtop No.120 for my Spider for 380 (300). I tried to arrange to get it delivered to Dublin from Scotland but given the awkward shape of the hood is was proving to be a bit messy.
The solution was to book a day return trip on the ferry for me and Itsy. Left the house at 5am and was back home at 8pm. Itsy was flawless.
the hood has some marks and scrapes but I'm not too worried about that. The one thing I am worried about is the fact that it didn't come with the rear brackets to mount in the car(take a close look at the pictures). Also the rubbers on the rear have been nibbled by mice. So does anybody know if i can get replacements?

As always any help appreciated.

Donal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg File_006.jpg (132.8 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg File_005.jpg (129.0 KB, 50 views)
markymarkspider likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Shropshire
Not sure if its a good deal with main bits missing , bet the road trip was good though.

What are the advantages of the hard top to the soft top?
(Post Link) post #3 of 14 Old 20-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansolo View Post
Not sure if its a good deal with main bits missing , bet the road trip was good though.

What are the advantages of the hard top to the soft top?
Ok, thanks? It's not the main bit that's missing just two brackets and with the use of somebody else's engineering skills I can get it securely mounted. Alternatively I can buy a fitting kit from Autodelta.
As for the advantages:
  • looks cool
  • increases security
  • makes the car a nicer place to be in the winter
  • helps protect the softtop as it's not exposed to as much rain, snow and ice
A6
AO Silver Member

County: Worcestershire
From memory there has been lots of similar threads on here about people trying to track down the brackets but they are not available.

Your best bet is to track a fellow hardtop owner down and try to get the brackets fabricated.

Or use the bungy rope solution perhaps in black so they are less obvious
AO Silver Member

County: Somerset
Garage
The poster of the following thread also had the same problem with an Autodrlta hardtop. He sourced the brackets from the hardtop seller. See pics. Maybe you can borrow them to make your own?

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-.../806706?page=1

Rich http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/images/smilies/wink.gif

PS if anyone is missing brackets for a
Wiessman hardtop I would be willing for them to borrow mine to copy http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Last edited by Rich_wookey; 20-06-16 at 20:42.
(Post Link) post #6 of 14 Old 22-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
After ringing around a few places to see if they were willing to copy the brackets for me and nobody really interested in the work. And also the prospect of copying them while they were still on the car (not sure how that would have worked). I decided that it would be better seeing if I could buy the originals from Autodelta. Rang them and had a good chat and got a bit of a discount, I also picked up the rear rubbers. Placed the order on Monday afternoon and they were delivered this afternoon, not a bad service.
So the deal isn't as good as it was originally but still a worthwhile deal (for me any way). I'll see about fitting them next weekend. Not straight forward by all accounts. So I may be back looking for some help with them.
A6
AO Silver Member

County: Worcestershire
Glad you got this sorted in the end and on a positive if you so decide to sell it you'll have the full kit now so can achieve good money for it

Why are you fitting the hardtop now it's summer after all, apparently
(Post Link) post #8 of 14 Old 23-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Yes it is summer apparently.
(Post Link) post #9 of 14 Old 02-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Ok, so i decided to have a look at fitting the bracket for the roof. The only reference I can find on how it fits is the photo photo posted by by GGe85 but's been offline since January.
The photo he's posted gives an indication of where it fits but not how. Can anybody help with some more details/photos of how to fit the brackets. Or GGe85, if you are still around, I'd really appreciate some help from you.

Donal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (16.1 KB, 28 views)
(Post Link) post #10 of 14 Old 26-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
So I finally got around to fitting the brackets to the Spider. While a little fiddly, once you've got it figured it's not too difficult. I did have some great help from a guy that has a few Spiders & GTV's and one had the brackets fitted. So seeing how they looked helped a great deal.
Anyway, all is good with the hood with just some small adjustments left to be made.
One question I have is around the heated rear screen. It would be great to have it hooked up and working. I'm hoping its the same loom used in both the Spider & GTV. The button is on the temperature controls on the dash. I had a quick look but couldn't see anything. So would anybody know where the connection is, if it exists at all?
As always any help is greatly appreciated.

Donal
AO Silver Member

Garage
I could not find the connection on my 2002 V6 spider. So I made one

It's basically the same set up as the modification recommended for GTVs to fix the melting of the fuse box!

http://www.alfaowner.com/#/forumsite.../196619?page=2

I joined a wire to the wire that connects to the heated wing mirrors in the passenger footwell and ran the new wire to next to the battery, connecting to the new relay, which I sited next to the roof relays

If you don't add a relay, then you are in danger of melting the fuse box like unmodified GTVs!

(Post Link) post #12 of 14 Old 27-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_wookey View Post
I could not find the connection on my 2002 V6 spider. So I made one

It's basically the same set up as the modification recommended for GTVs to fix the melting of the fuse box!

The site for Alfa Romeo Owners

I joined a wire to the wire that connects to the heated wing mirrors in the passenger footwell and ran the new wire to next to the battery, connecting to the new relay, which I sited next to the roof relays

If you don't add a relay, then you are in danger of melting the fuse box like unmodified GTVs!

Hi Rich
Thanks for that, I'll have a look at it over the weekend.
AO Silver Member

Garage
The instructions say replace the 30a fuse in the fuse box with a 5a fuse. This is not applicable to the spider, I think it's a 7.5a fuse for the heated wing mirrors, so you don't need to replace it!!!!

I'll take some pics to show my installation in the next day or two!

AO Silver Member

Garage
A couple of pics showing my installation of new relay & fuse for my hardtop heated screen

Rich
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1178.jpg (53.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3024.jpg (82.1 KB, 13 views)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
deal , good , pretty