Cybox Sports Cats available for GTV V6 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
  • 1 Post By james2375
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 15-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
Cybox Sports Cats available for GTV V6

Some off you may have seen the thread (Peco equal length downpipes - any info?) about Peco, which are actually Cybox, equal length downpipes and how some of us have ordered them. They are currently on ebay for 325 + 25 P&P. However, if you phone up and ask nicely you can get them for 295 + 15 P&P!

I have asked Cybox to make me a CF3 200 cell sports cat which they are going to do, me being the guinea pig/tester person. They are happy to and want to make and sell them in volume. The price is 395 inc VAT which is more than I hoped but still quite a bit less than Alfaholics when you add VAT on to their price. When I raised the price they said that were going to use an FIA cat which was top quality and meets EU race track regs and a few other positive things and that if I opted for a cheap one made in China it would be 80 less, so I went with the former! They know all the dimensions because they already make a decat pipe.

It will take a few weeks and I will post pics and feedback when it comes, although those of you involved with the EL downpipes will know a few weeks could easily turn into a few months! If you are impatient and want to go ahead and be a guinea pig like me then call up Jerry at Cybox on 0151 343 0330. They can do CF2 and 100 cell if you want.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Devon

Nice one James, I'll watch this with interest too.
I was discussing exhaust back pressure with my mechanic when he was fitting my EL pipes, as with a turbo car, reducing back pressure as much as possible is a good thing, as it allows the turbo to breathe easier / spool up quicker etc. However, with a normally aspirated engine like the Alfa, you need to be careful not to reduce this too much, as it can actually reduce the efficiency and lower power.
what are your thoughts on this? Anyone else have experience of this issue?
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 08-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
Some photos. They'll get fitted in about three weeks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1468011423474.jpg (50.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg image_1468011443290.jpg (70.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg image_1468011465131.jpg (60.8 KB, 6 views)
Cleisthenes likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

cats , cybox , gtv , sports